46- 𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗮𝘆 𝗣𝘁.𝟮

Natalia awoke suddenly, hearing a loud noise coming from the other room. She looked beside her and Elias wasn't there, causing her anxiety to grow even further.

"Elias?" She shouted, but there was no response.

Quickly, she stood up, seeing that Elias had brought clothing to prepare for the getaway. She opened the bag, stealing the first shirt she could find and putting it on.

Natalia took a deep breath, grabbing the gun from her bedside table and holding it with both hands. She walked to the door, opening it and looking both ways. Nothing.

Natalia wandered closer to the source of the noise, hearing the shuffling of feet. One hand held her stomach, stroking it softly as she neared the kitchen.

Taking another deep breath, Natalia turned the corner, pulling her gun out and aiming it at the unknown figure.

"Jesus Christ, Natalia!" Elias exclaimed, holding his heart as if he'd just had a heart attack.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Natalia questioned, lowering the gun and steadying her own heart rate.

"I went shopping because I thought you'd be hungry when you woke up," Elias explained and Natalia shrugged.

"You're not wrong," She replied, walking up to Elias and kissing him on the cheek, hugging him from the side.

"What are you cooking?" Natalia asked as Elias continued to cook the sauce in a pan.

"Spaghetti Carbonara. You told me you were craving it the other day and I haven't had a chance to make it," Elias told her and Natalia smiled.

"Thank you," She murmured against his arm.

Elias left the spoon in the sauce, turning to Natalia and cupping both of her cheeks, kissing her. It was short but sweet, and they leant away with the biggest smiles on their faces.

"Do you mind getting the cutlery out of the bag?" Elias asked and Natalia furrowed her brows.

"You bought some? There's already some here," Natalia pointed out and Elias tilted his head.

"They're ancient, Natty. I didn't want you catching a disease from any mould, so I just bought some new ones," Elias explained and Natalia chuckled.

"I keep forgetting how long it's been since I've been here," Natalia commented, walking over to the bag and grabbing the knives and forks.

"I honestly don't remember much from my time here after Dad died. I avoided this place as much as possible," Natalia admitted, placing the cutlery down on the table.

"You miss him, don't you?" Elias asked, turning to face Natalia and she nodded.

"I never stopped missing him. He was the only true parent I'd ever had."

Elias gave her a small smile. "If you want to talk about anything, I'm here. You know that, don't you?" Elias reminded her and she nodded.

"Of course, I do," She responded, returning the small smile. "Is this pasta nearly done, though? Because I'm starving."

Elias chuckled, nodding. "I'll serve it up. You can sit at the table and look pretty- is that my shirt?" Elias asked, his brows furrowed.

"Well, I thought someone was breaking into the house. I couldn't exactly roam around naked, could I?" Natalia reminded him, but Elias shook his head.

"Wear my clothes whenever you want, they look way sexier on you anyways."

Natalia rolled her eyes, chuckling as Elias began serving up the food.