26- 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

"What the fuck?" Azaiah exclaimed, having just been told the news that Leonardo is alive and seeking vengeance.

"I know, I was just as shocked as you" Amara replied, both of them standing in silence for a minute as Azaiah tried to process what he had just heard.

"Who is he coming for? The Mafia? Natalia? What about Ines?" Azaiah asked and Amara just shrugged.

"I don't know, I'm trying to locate Ines at the moment to make sure she's safe" Amara told him and he nodded.

"What about Leonardo? Do you know where he is?" Azaiah asked and Amara shook her head.

"Natalia saw him in Venezuela, but I'm guessing he doesn't stay in one place too long. Natalia did slip me a note with the number plate of his car and Enzo helped me track it down" Amara told him and Azaiah folded his arms in deep thought.

"He might switch cars, but knowing him that's probably not even on his mind" Azaiah muttered and Amara had a lightbulb moment.

Well, it was a half lightbulb moment. An idea that would help them track him down quicker, but wasn't ideal for her at all.

"We could go where he was last spotted, check the surroundings and try to find more leads" Amara spoke and Azaiah was confused.

"We? You have a fiancé, Amara" Azaiah reminded her and Amara's breath lodged in her throat.

"A fiancé that I can't share this information with. Besides, you're the person I trust most with my life, he's a shit fighter" Amara told him and Azaiah just smiled ever so slightly, the corner of his mouth tugging up as a jolt of rare happiness ran through his body.

"Did you just call me a good fighter?" Azaiah asked, feigning shock as Amara rolled her eyes.

"Not as good as me, but you're good as a back-up" Amara told him and both of them laughed.

"When are we going?" Azaiah asked and Amara just shrugged.

"I guess we have to go now, he could be on the other side of the country if we wait" Amara reminded him and Azaiah nodded.

"I'll go let April know we're out of town, it's best she handles things than Elias, no matter how much I dislike her" Azaiah told her and Amara nodded.

"He's really starting to bond with that kid, isn't he? I'm happy for him" Amara spoke, both of them realising that there could be a happiness in their lives.

However, the thought of a child for them only brought up sad memories. Those memories immediately rushed to both of their minds and Azaiah disappeared at once. Neither of them very wanted to talk about their loss, they were scared of how much hurt it would return to them.

The loss of their baby brought so much pain to their lives that they avoided each other. Seeing the other person reminded them of what they could have, and the past was threatening their future so much that they didn't want to talk about any of it.

It was almost like they wanted to pretend it didn't happen, yet the hole in their hearts made it impossible for them to move on.

"Yeah, he is" Azaiah muttered, wistful thinking taking over before they both snapped back to reality.

"Do you think we need to take anything with us?" Amara asked and Azaiah shook his head.

"We just need things for a disguise, weapons and our phones, really" Azaiah responded before taking a step towards the door.

"I'll go grab everything we need, can you wait near the front entrance?" Azaiah asked her and Amara nodded, allowing him to walk out of the door.

Grabbing her phone, Amara followed behind, instead heading in the opposite direction towards the front entrance.