18- 𝗥𝗲𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘁

"So, this is what I used to live off?" Natalia asked, her brows furrowed as she looked at Enzo- currently eating a Pot Noodle.

"You could never be bothered to cook but you didn't want anyone to cook for you, so you insisted on having this every day" Enzo told her and she just chuckled.

"It's a funny story, I just don't remember it..." Natalia told him, using her fork to play with the food in front of her- her appetite disappeared.

"Hey, it's fine" Enzo assured her, placing his hand on her arm as he offered her a weak smile.

"It's not, I know you loved this girl- she was your sister. I'm trying, but I just can't get her back-" Natalia started but Enzo quickly cut her off.

"It's not your fault, don't ever think like that" Enzo told her and Natalia just weakly nodded.

"Did I have this in the same flavour too?"

"Oh yeah, didn't stray from it once."

Enzo and Natalia just chuckled as they were stood in the kitchen, and Enzo had never been happier. He would've been happier for Natalia to remember, but just seeing her happy was enough to fill that little hole in his heart.

"Do you mind...giving me a quick run down? I don't know who half these people are" Natalia asked, a weak chuckle emitting from her mouth.

"You didn't like most people, but there were a few exceptions. Azaiah Martinez was like your best friend, a second brother to you. Amara Romero was your best friend too, and then there's Estela and I- your siblings. There's your niece Arabella and Estela's girlfriend, Ines."

However, Enzo stopped as he listed all the people Natalia was close with, knowing the next one was the most important of all. He came to the conclusion he would leave it to Elias to tell her, it just wasn't his place.

"I knew a lot of people" Natalia muttered to herself as she ate another forkful of her Pot Noodle.

"Yeah..." Enzo started but trailed off. She'd killed lots of people too, and he didn't want to be the one to tell her that.

"What's up with you? You seem happy" Natalia asked him and Enzo furrowed his brows.

"What do you mean?" Enzo asked and Natalia just rolled her eyes, smiling.

"I mean, everyone in this house looks borderline depressed or like they're gonna kill everybody- but you seem happy" Natalia told him and Enzo just shrugged.

"I got my sister back" Enzo told her and Natalia just smiled, looking him in the eye before shaking her head.

"No, it's something else- 'fess up" Natalia told him, her voice firm as Enzo just chuckled.

"Well, there's this girl, it's really nothing important-" Enzo started but Natalia cut him off.

"Please, you obviously like her. What's she like?" Natalia asked and Enzo just chuckled, taken aback.

"Firstly, I don't like her, she's my assistant. Secondly, she's not really my type. Her eyes are this lagoon blue and it's like whenever I look at her I'm drowning in them. Her smile always makes me want to smile, even on the worst day. And she has this infectious laugh and-"

"Oh my God- you're in love with her."

Enzo just stayed quiet, his eyes widening slightly in shock as he just did a nervous chuckle.

"No, I don't love her- I barely know her" Enzo told her and Natalia just laughed.

"You just listed a bunch of things about this girl that not just anyone would know. Admit it, you're not in love- but you're falling for her."