29- 𝗕𝗮𝗱 𝗦𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀

Walking into Axel's room, Elias looked at him in awe, a smile tugging at his lips. He looked peaceful, small noises leaving his mouth as he was sound asleep.

Quietly chuckling to himself, Elias walked over, kissing him gently on the forehead as not to wake him. Snuggled into his blanket without a care in the world, if only that was Elias.

His version of Axel's peaceful sleep would be him sleeping with Natalia beside him, which seemed all too impossible at the present moment.

Suddenly, his phone started ringing, causing him to answer it immediately and walk out of the room, hoping Axel was still fast asleep.

"Elias, I need your help," Estela asked, seeming distressed and Elias furrowed his brows.

"What is it?" He asked, his focus only on this call as he knew Estela never rang him- only if it was incredibly important.

"Ines and I were in a bar in the city," Estela spoke. "And then this guy with a gun came out of nowhere-"

"Are you okay? Have you been shot?" Elias asked, deciding that asking about their sudden reconciliation at this point wouldn't be necessary.

"No, we're not injured," Estela spoke, trailing off as her panic grew.

"But he was sent there by his boss, a boss called Leonardo."

The hairs on Elias' back stood up, freezing as his body went cold. He didn't think Leonardo would go after Ines that quickly, especially since Estela was there.

"It can't be true, can it? It has to be a different one," Estela spoke, trying to convince herself that the worst thing hadn't just happened.

"It's true, Estela, I'm so sorry-" Elias started, stopping as he heard Estela cry.

The man who made her life torture was still alive, Arabella's father was alive and well and he didn't even let her know. They grieved and mourned his loss, and Estela's only thought was her daughter.

"Where is she? Where's Arabella?" Estela asked and Elias quickly responded.

"In her room. She's fine, Estela, she's surrounded by people in the Mafia," Elias started, cutting himself off as he made his voice extra firm.

"He's not going to hurt Arabella, I promise."

A part of Estela felt relieved, but another part felt angry, upset and all over the place. She didn't know what to think at all.

"Do you mind keeping a close eye on her? I just- I can't lose her," Estela asked, her voice breaking as Elias immediately replied.

"Of course, I will," Elias assured her, causing Estela to breathe only a small sigh of relief.

"Did anyone see you or Ines?" Elias asked and Estela shrugged.

"I don't know, we got out of the side exit as soon as they came in. We got away and they didn't follow us, so I think no one did," Estela informed him and Elias nodded.

"You two can't come back home, it's too dangerous and predictable," Elias told her and Estela furrowed her brows.

"Then where will we go?" Estela asked, her brows knotted in confusion.

"There's a safe house about a sixty miles from here. I'll send you the address of a guy who can get you a burner phone because you need to trash this one. He'll tell you the address and where to go, you can trust him."

Estela gulped nervously, looking at Ines as they were both sat in the car. Ines gave her a warm smile, reassuring her as she held her hand. Estela gripped it tightly, offering her a smile as she nodded.