32- 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗮𝘆

TWO MONTHS LATER:

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Natalia asked Amara, stood behind her as she sat in front of the mirror.

"No, not really," Amara admitted, trying to compose herself as she looked at the beautiful veil on her head and the intricate details on the white dress she was wearing.

A wedding dress.

"If you want to get out of here, I'll go with you," Natalia told her, but Amara shook her head.

"I can't run away from this, I'm the one who caused it- so I have to fix it," Amara spoke, her voice shaking slightly, but Natalia didn't comment on it.

"Has Azaiah spoke to you yet?" Natalia asked her, but Amara shook her head.

"No, not since...that," Amara spoke, remembering the events that happened a couple of nights ago.

One that Azaiah hated her for, but she didn't know why.

"Well, you look gorgeous, Mara," Natalia assured her, and Amara actually smiled slightly- something she hadn't done in a while.

"So do you," Amara confessed, looking at Natalia in the mirror. "Elias won't be able to keep his eyes off you."

Natalia swallowed the lump on her throat, smiling at the comment- but she felt sick on the inside. Truth be told, it had been a rough couple months.

When you have two passionate and fiery people who are helping to run the Mafia, they're bound to blow up. It hadn't exactly been the easiest ride.

"You need to speak to him, I know something's going on between you," Amara told her, catching Natalia by surprise.

"How do you know?" Natalia asked, her brows furrowed.

"Because he's still looking as dull as when you were supposedly dead, I don't think he really knows he's got you back," Amara confessed and Natalia still looked confused.

"What do you mean? I am back, and I want to work-" Natalia started but Amara cut her off.

"Don't you think that scares him? You died Natalia, okay? He's spent years of his life believing the woman he loved was dead and now you're finally back again, you're jumping headfirst into the front line of the Mafia world."

Amara had a point, Natalia knew that, but she hadn't exactly had the easiest time. She just needed to be busy, busy enough so that she couldn't think about those past seven years.

"I know, I'll speak to him," Natalia told her, figuring it was best to switch the topic of conversation.

"You might have to do it soon, you're walking out with him in a few minutes," Amara mentioned, causing Natalia to look at her, confusion written all over her face.

"What do you mean?" Natalia asked and Amara decided to not make eye contact with her.

"The Maid of Honour and the Best Man have to walk out with each other- that's you two."

Natalia hated the fact she was dreading this. She should be happy, but instead she felt guilty- because she is the one who has caused their relationship to be on the rocks.

"It'll be fine, Nat," Amara assured her, giving her a smile, which Natalia weakly returned.

"I hope so," Natalia replied, taking a deep breath before she heard the door open.

"Natalia, we need you out here," April told her and Natalia's brows were furrowed, wondering who the hell this person was.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Natalia asked Amara again and she reluctantly nodded.