35- 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝗲 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀

Amara wandered down the hallway, deep in thought. She had a million things on her plate with a million thoughts running through her head- she barely had time to breathe.

However, her attention was snatched as someone turned the corner of the hallway in front of her, someone she didn't expect to see ever again.

Louis Gardet.

Both of them froze in their steps, neither of them talking since Amara stabbed him in the back. They had barely formed a connection, which is why Amara didn't feel so guilty- but seeing Louis' face now made her so very sorry.

"Louis," Amara spoke, clearing her throat as Louis swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Amara," He muttered, starting to walk again, right past Amara.

"Louis, wait," Amara called after him, causing him to stop and face her.

"I regret I didn't tell you this sooner, but I'm sorry," Amara told him and Louis shook his head.

"You using this for your Mafia didn't bother me, you know I never wanted to be involved in this shit," Louis explained, carrying on before Amara could get a word in.

"You forced me into a world I wanted to leave, and you thought I cared about it. I would've helped you, for fuck's sake. If you told me your plan, I would've helped you and you can get the happy ever after with the man you love."

"I didn't want to make things difficult-" Amara started and Louis chuckled.

"You've already made things difficult, Amara, but I'm not bothered," Louis told her and a sympathetic smile covered Amara's face.

"I really am sorry. If you need help getting out of here, I'm more than willing to help," Amara offered and Louis just batted his hand in her direction.

"No. I think I have a reason to stay, actually," Louis told her, thinking of what happened the other night with Daisy. What he thought would be a one night stand had turned into a lot more, so much that he was willing to stay involved in the French Mafia to be near her.

"You really did me dirty, didn't you?" Louis told her and Amara awkwardly scratched the back of her neck.

"I guess I did," Amara replied and, for some strange reason, both of them simply burst out laughing.

However, during all of that laughter, someone else had walked down the hallway, a scowl on his face as he stormed away.

Azaiah Martinez.

His loud footsteps caused Amara to turn around, seeing his figure turn around the corner before disappearing.

"Go, we're fine," Louis assured her, but he wouldn't have been saying this a couple of days ago. Ever since meeting Daisy, he'd felt more positive about the world.

Amara rushed away, following the sound of Azaiah's footsteps as she saw him head to his room. As a married couple, they still didn't share a bedroom- but they didn't even feel like husband and wife at this present moment.

Knocking on the door, Amara heard no answer. However, she wasn't going to let Azaiah ignore her this time, she was going to salvage their relationship- whatever it took.

Opening the door, Amara saw Azaiah looking out of the window, his sleeves rolled up and his jaw clenched in anger.

"Azaiah, can we talk?" Amara asked and Azaiah immediately tensed at the sound of her voice.

"I have nothing to say to you," Azaiah responded and Amara sighed.

"Please-" She started, but Azaiah cut her off.