9- 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗕𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗣𝘁.𝟮

"Estela, please wait-" Ines spoke, the blonde haired figure walking away from her before she stopped. The rain soaked her dress but she didn't care, she needed to fight for her relationship.

Estela turned around, looking at Ines. She could have been mistaken and it could have been rain, but Ines swore she saw tears falling from her eyes.

Shit. She didn't want this. The last thing she wanted was for Estela to be upset.

"I don't want to talk, Ines" Estela told her, her voice firm yet Ines carried on walking towards her.

"Then listen" Ines spoke and Estela just rolled her eyes slightly before turning around to walk away again.

However, Ines gently grabbed her arm, forcing her to face her and stopping her in her tracks.

"Please, Esté- I know I fucked up" Ines told her and Estela just scoffed.

"Fucked up? Is that what you call putting your girlfriend in a mental asylum?" Estela spoke, her voice holding anger yet there was still a sadness laced within it.

"You have to understand, I was trying to help you-" Ines started but Estela cut her off. So much for not talking.

"It didn't fucking help me, it broke me. Having doctors shove needles in me all day, look down on me as if I'm nothing more than just some crazy woman- do you know how that made me feel?"

Ines didn't think of it like that. How could she? She had only seen this from her perspective and now she had got a glimpse of Estela's she realised what it was like for her.

"I don't, Estela, and I know that I can't understand what you're going through" Ines told her, her voice softer as Estela swallowed a lump in her throat.

"But let me help you, please- let's get through this together."

Estela wanted to forgive her right then and there, and she nearly did. But she knew it wasn't going to work out, so why try?

"That's the problem, Ines- we don't work. We're not good together and I think you know that" Estela told Ines and she could swear a little part of her heart cracked again.

"Are you saying to just forget? Forget everything we have been through to get here?" Ines spoke, trying to keep calm but she was struggling.

Why would Estela want to throw away what they had? She was acting as if it was just a fling and not an almost seven year relationship in which they were madly in love.

"We need to focus on Arabel-" Estela started but Ines cut her off this time.

"Don't use Arabella as an excuse to walk away from this relationship" Ines spoke and Estela just looked to the floor.

"I know that it must've been hard on you, I understand you must've gone through hell in that place and please believe me when I say I'm sorry" Ines' voice was now softer.

"But I was watching the love of my life fall apart in front of my eyes. I couldn't sit back and do nothing, watch you-" Ines started but cut herself off as a lump formed in her throat.

Ines' gaze landed on the scars on her arm, faded but still there.

"Watch you do things to yourself that hurt you."

Tears were now falling from Ines' eyes, blending in with the rain that poured around them.

"Give me your pain, Esté, all of it- because I don't care" Ines told her, cupping her cheek to tilt Estela's head up.

Their gaze met and their bodies grew closer, breaths mingling as one as the sound of rain filled their ears.

"Ines, I can't keep doing this" Estela spoke, her breathing heavy.