33- 𝗥𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

"Ines? I thought you weren't coming back for a couple of weeks," A nurse asked Ines as she walked past.

Ines was surprised at the voice, turning around and putting on a fake smile. "I just need something to occupy my mind, it was getting boring at home," Ines responded and the nurse gave her a warm smile.

"How are you?" The nurse asked, her brows knitted in concern.

"I'm doing fine," Ines replied before her pager went off, alerting her to an emergency surgery.

"I have to go," Ines rushed out before sprinting down the hallways.

She had missed this, especially the adrenaline that came with it. Now, she had to save people's lives, but now it was bittersweet because she couldn't do the same for Estela.

Nevertheless, she went into that surgery fully focused and determined, only taking time to take a deep breath when the patient was safely in a hospital bed. His wounds were healed after the car crash, one that was seemingly fatal and impossible to heal.

"Thank you so much, you saved my fiancé," A woman spoke, rushing towards Ines and wrapping her in a hug.

The woman's tears stained her uniform, tears of relief and happiness- not sadness. Ines wished she could cry these tears, but she couldn't even cry anymore.

"He should wake up in the next few hours, I suggest that you be there when he does," Ines informed her and the woman leaned back, smiling as she wiped away the tears.

"I don't plan on moving from that chair," She responded, rushing to be by her fiancé's side.

Ines and Estela weren't even married. They had talked about it plenty of times, but they had never followed through. With the Mental Institution and all the shit going on in the Mafia world, they just never had the opportunity.

However, as Ines watched the woman by her fiancé's side, her hand instinctively went to her stomach and the cool silver became even colder on her neck.

Ines felt ashamed. Not only was she carrying hers and Estela's child, but she had the engagement ring on a chain around her neck- the one that she was going to propose to Estela with.

She felt like she had stolen something from her. She hadn't, but Ines felt like she was carrying a stolen part of her dead girlfriend with her every day and she hated herself for it.

Without even knowing it, she had subconsciously walked back to the on call room, noticing that all of the beds were empty. But all that filled Ines' mind was her memories of her time with Estela.

"Are you serious? We can't do this here," Estela told her, breaking the kiss for a moment as Ines chuckled, locking the door.

"Yes, we can," Ines replied, smiling as she pressed her lips onto Estela's again.

"What if someone hears us-" Estela started but Ines silenced her with her lips.

"You talk too much, Esté."

Estela stepped back as Ines unbuttoned her shirt, throwing it to the floor as she accidentally tripped. They fell back onto the bed, but they only heard a crack.

"What was that?" Ines asked, but then the bed suddenly sank in the middle as Estela let out a surprised shriek.

"Did we just break the bed?" Estela asked, not daring to look as Ines took a glance, bursting out laughing.

"It wasn't either for a good cause either," Ines joked, causing both of them to erupt into fits of laughter.

Estela's head rested on Ines' chest, her laughs vibrating against her as they laid like that even once they had stopped laughing.