17- 𝗗𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗧𝗼 𝗜𝗺𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗣𝘁.𝟮

Gunshots continued to echo around the room, screams following them. It was chaos, everyone either hiding or running for their lives- and somehow the bodies just continued to drop one by one.

Elias and Amara had already snuck into the building, hiding in the kitchen. They had heard the raucous and shared one look, knowing this was it.

They had to go out there and take her down so that they could hope in getting her back. But first they had to win this fight, and they knew it wouldn't be easy.

"Ready?" Amara asked Elias and he just nodded, but he looked distant.

They stood up, storming past the guests trying to hide and heading for the doors to the main room. Amara was wearing a blonde wig whilst Elias was wearing glasses, they shouldn't be recognised in the midst of a fight.

Elias pushed the doors open, seeing a familiar figure holding two guns in either hand, shooting at anyone and everyone.

"I'll engage, you come in from behind" Amara told him and she knew he'd be fine with that.

She wasn't going to ask him to fight Natalia, it would wreck him- so she took that pain away from him by planning to do it herself. However, he still needed to be the one to taser her, but in a way that was helping to get her back.

Amara sprinted towards Natalia, sliding and sending her flying upwards in the air slightly. One gun fell from her grip, yet she landed with ease.

Amara got up but she was soon knocked back for the floor, a sharp pain rushing through her head. She felt blows to her stomach, her whole body hurting- but she had to fight back.

Amara caught one of Natalia's punches, barley managing to contain it- she had gotten almost too strong. She then rolled to the side, letting go of her hand and leaving Natalia's fist to hit the ground.

Screams continued to echo around them and the only thing that made Amara feel better is that innocent people were no longer being killed, meaning less lives to add to the guilt Natalia would feel once she remembered.

Amara quickly stood up, only just managing to catch her balance as Natalia lunged for her again. It was another blow to her face and Amara's vision suddenly became blurry, only just managing to cling onto her consciousness.

As Amara began to back away, she felt her back hit the wall, her head throbbing and her body practically giving up. Natalia approached her, placing her knife on Amara's neck, yet she wasn't digging in yet- no blood drawn.

Amara just looked into her eyes, her own glossing over as Natalia's held no emotion. She had changed so much that the only person she could see was a shadow of who she used to be- yet she still held out some hope.

"Natalia, please- come back to us" Amara spoke, her voice wavering as the knife was still firmly held against her neck.

But she froze.

Next thing Amara knew, Natalia had been pulled away from her, the knife in her hand knocking to the ground as someone landed a punch to her face.

Azaiah Martinez.

This gave Elias chance to finally initiate the taser, pressing it into her side as Natalia's body writhed in pain. He just stopped, dropping the taser as Azaiah thankfully caught it before it hit the ground.

Elias was frozen in place as he saw Natalia's body drop to the floor, pain rushing through her body before it fell limp. Without even a second thought, Elias picked up Natalia, carrying her in his arms as he looked at her.

She seemed at peace, despite the lack of life in her face- yet she wasn't suffering anymore. The corner of his lip tugged up only slightly, his hands gripping onto her body for dear life- he wasn't going to lose her again.