31- 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘄𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗣𝘁.𝟮

Everything fell silent, Ines' vision blurred as a ringing echoed in her ears. Looking down, she examined her top, only to find it a shade of white. However, as she looked in front of her, her heart shattered.

Estela stood in front of her, slowly turning around to face Ines. A tear rolling down her cheek, she clutched her stomach- red crimson staining her hands.

Estela had been shot.

"No, no, Esté," Ines spoke, her voice breaking as she caught Estela's body, her muscles becoming weak.

"You're okay, do you hear me? Stay with me," Ines pleaded with her, taking off her jacket and placing it against her stomach, applying pressure to try and stop the bleeding.

"I-I love you, Ines-" Estela spoke, her skin going pale as Ines shook her head.

"You can tell me that tomorrow, okay? You're going to be okay," Ines assured her, trying to hold back her tears as she pressed down on the wound.

"Darling," Estela spoke, her voice quiet as her trembling hand reached to cup Ines' cheek.

"It's okay, this is my time-" Estela tried to speak but Ines shook her head, tears falling down her cheek.

"No, you're not dying today- stop thinking like that," Ines pleaded with her and Estela just gave her a weak smile.

"I couldn't have imagined spending my life with anyone better, love is an understatement of what I feel for you-" Estela started, stopping herself as she regained her breath.

"You're my everything, Ines Maxwell."

Tears freely fell down their faces as Ines refused to let her go, praying that the best thing to stumble into her life wouldn't leave it. Not now. Not ever.

"You need to stay with me, okay? I can't do this without you-" Ines pleaded with her, cutting herself off as she held back a sob.

"My time is up, darling," Estela told her, her bottom lip trembling as blood started to trickle out of her mouth.

"Open my left pocket," Estela asked her and Ines reached for it, pulling something out- something that made her heart break.

An engagement ring box.

"This wasn't how this was supposed to go-" Estela started, cutting herself off as she was hanging on.

"But I want you to know that I'll forever be with you, okay? No matter what, I'll always be there for you."

Ines opened it, clasping the ring in her hand as she never let go of it.

"You're going to put this ring on my finger tomorrow, because you're going to be here- by my side," Ines spoke and Estela shook her head.

"I will be by your side, you need to know that- but I don't think you'll be able to see me. You just have to trust that I'm there and I'm never going to leave."

Suddenly, Estela's eyes started to flutter shut and Ines cupped her face with one hand, the other still pressing against her stomach.

"Please, stay with me, Esté," Ines cried out and Estela's eyes were barely open, just about hanging on.

"I-I need you to take care of Bella, y-you need to make sure she's okay," Estela asked her and Ines nodded profusely, her vision blurred because of her tears.

"And I...I need you to move on, Ines-" Estela asked her and Ines shook her head.

"I can't do that, Esté- I can't move on from the best thing to walk into my life. You are my fucking life, goddammit," Ines told her and Estela smiled, another tear leaving her eye.