5- 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

"Seriously? Isn't this a bit much, Amara?" Elias asked, looking at the extravagant decorations filling the rather large room.

"She seems to have a flare for the dramatics, so we went with that" Amara replied.

Elias had tried to let it slip his mind, but it was almost impossible to escape- and that was Antoinette Gardet. Not only that, but they were practically draining every dollar from their bank account to impress her- minus quite a few million.

Elias scanned the room, bustling with people from both the French and Italian Mafia. No one was fighting, but Elias could still sense the divide between the two Mafias, none of them interacting with one another.

"Can we talk?" Amara spoke up, catching Elias' attention as his eyes darted towards her.

"About what? How much of a bitch you was yesterday?" Elias spoke, a hint of anger laced within his sarcasm.

Amara just swallowed a lump in her throat, feeling almost nervous for the first time in a while.

"I was just having a rough day yesterday and I took it out on you, I'm sorry" Amara told him and Elias could sense the fact that she was, for once, truly apologetic.

"Fine, let's just move on" Elias spoke through gritted teeth, trying to let some of the anger he still had subside for now.

"Seriously? I-I didn't think you'd want to do that" Amara stuttered slightly, stunned at how forgiving Elias was.

"Well, I'd like to have someone in that room when I sign those fucking marriage papers" Elias told her, but he felt a cold chill rush through him at the thought of marriage with another woman.

Whenever he thought about putting his signature on that piece of paper, it put him in a bad mood- reminding him of the fact he would be permanently tied to someone for the rest of his life.

Someone who wasn't Natalia Maldonado.

"Elias-" Amara started before Elias cut her off.

"I'm going to get a drink" Elias mumbled, walking away before Amara had a chance to speak.

Amara knew that he had to find out from her, otherwise he would be sure to wreak hell on her life. Well, maybe not, but Amara knew Elias would never forgive her- and she couldn't bare to lose him too.

Elias just walked over to the bar, not making eye contact with anyone, not even the bartender.

"Whiskey, no ice" Elias ordered, wasting no time in drinking once the glass was placed in front of him.

Tonight he drank to forget, try and feel some kind of feeling other than guilt and anger. He knew he wouldn't feel any form of happiness tonight, no matter how much he drank, but as long as he couldn't remember it would be a lot less painful.

However, as the glass was nearly empty he stopped himself. Yes, he wanted to get drunk- but not so drunk that he ended up falling flat on his face in front of hundreds of Mafia men.

"Scotch, neat" A voice spoke up next to him, catching Elias' attention immediately.

Everyone in this event he recognised slightly and, even if he didn't, he could tell if they were French just by hearing them speak. But his accent wasn't French nor Italian and Elias had never seen him before.

But, Elias blamed it on the alcohol, no matter how strange it was.

"Who are you?" Elias asked him. Wow, way to be discrete at guessing who he was.

"My old friend Marcel invited me, he said I wouldn't want to miss this" The man told him and Elias chose to find truth in that statement.

However, the fact Marcel Gardet was so thrilled about this just made his skin crawl. Elias knew Marcel knew about Natalia, yet he still thinks there's a chance at him loving his daughter? Truth is, there was no way in hell Elias would ever love anyone romantically again.