15- 𝗛𝗼𝗽𝗲

Elias walked through the halls of the house, feeling emptier than usual. His footsteps echoed through the walls as he headed towards Amara's office. He needed answers- now.

Elias didn't bother knocking on the door before walking my through, met with several men working on computers or sorting through documents.

One of those was Azaiah Martinez, who turned to look at Elias with a look that could only be described as a sorry gaze- of regret.

"Everyone get out" Azaiah ordered and the men just did as he said, noticing Elias yet never making eye contact once.

As everyone exited the room, a silence echoed through the room, filling them both with dread.

"W-what the fuck happened to her?"

Elias could barely get the words out, he felt like every time he mentioned Natalia or even just let the thought in he would burst into tears in that moment. But he had to stay strong, he needed to get her back.

"You might want to sit down" Azaiah told him, his voice soft as he walked towards the table, offering Elias a seat at the top.

Despite the fact he felt frozen to the spot, Elias walked towards the seat and sat down. He had to hear everything, whether he liked it or not.

He couldn't blame Azaiah and Amara for not telling him, they knew what he once was. He was the Reaper, a killer of thousands after Natalia died- they didn't know what would happen to him if he found out she'd been alive this whole time.

"So, what do you want to know?" Azaiah asked him and Elias didn't make eye contact with him, instead focusing on the wall behind him.

"Just start from the beginning" Elias told him. He didn't want to do much talking because he knew he couldn't, not without breaking down.

"Well, after the fire...Natalia was kidnapped by who we believe to be Dmitri Alexyev and Darius Romero" Azaiah told him and Elias' jaw just clenched.

"My uncle?" Elias asked and Azaiah just nodded.

Even if it was the last thing he did, Elias was going to do everything he could to make that bastard suffer.

"They did some kind of testing on her, as we saw when we accessed her memories-" Azaiah told him but stopped himself.

"N-Natalia was here...and you didn't tell me?!" Elias spoke, his voice raising in volume as anger threatened to overcome him.

"I'm sorry, but we had to find out what had happened to her and how to reverse it before we told y-" Azaiah told him but Elias cut him off.

"Reverse what? What are you talking about?" Elias asked him and Azaiah just paused for a moment before responding.

"Natalia had her memories wiped, her mind is being controlled by them- she doesn't even remember who she is."

Elias just froze. Of course, he had heard her not recognise her own name- but hearing it again just made it feel much more real.

Natalia was gone, the woman that Elias fell in love with- but he vowed in this moment to do all he could to get those memories back.

To get his Natty back for good.

"Is there a way to reverse it? Have you figured it out?" Elias asked, awaiting Azaiah's response as if it was the most important thing in the world.

"We're not sure yet, Amara's with Enzo trying to come up with a solution. We think that Francesca also had her memories wiped but-" Azaiah started but Elias cut him off yet again.

"Francesca's here?" Elias asked and he could tell by the look on Azaiah's face that she was.

"Elias-" Azaiah started but he was cut off again.