42- 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻

"Nat, where are you going?" Amara's voice sounded, causing Natalia to freeze. If there hadn't been any distraction, she would've been stepping out of those doors and turning herself in.

The only reason Natalia wouldn't argue with Elias was because she was pregnant, but the lives of two shouldn't be saved for hundreds more to die- it just didn't seem right.

"Nowhere, I was just wandering," Natalia admitted, but it was far from the truth.

"You're worried, aren't you? That's why you're pacing," Amara pointed out and Natalia's small smile faded.

"It was a threat, Amara. They're coming after us all, even you," Natalia reminded her and she simply shrugged.

"They can try, because there's no way in hell you're turning yourself in," Amara warned her and Natalia sighed.

"Amara, this wasn't half-hearted-" Natalia began to speak, but Amara folded her arms, interrupting her.

"I don't care if they meant it with their full heart, you're not going to that place," Amara firmly told her, the tone of her voice meaning that she definitely wasn't letting Natalia argue with her on this.

"I agree, you're staying right here," Azaiah's voice spoke up, walking down the hallway and standing beside Amara.

"They're going to kill everyone, you don't know what they're like," Natalia reminded them, images of her time in their captivity flashing in her mind.

"You're right, we don't. But they aren't going to kill anyone, especially not you," Amara responded. At this point, Natalia wouldn't be surprised if she was tackled to the ground if she took even one step towards the front doors to the mansion.

"Then, we need a plan. They're smart and calculated and-" Natalia started to explain, but Azaiah cut her off.

"And I've already organised a meeting. The only people we're missing are the both of you."

Natalia knew that this was weak, signalling a weak nod with her head as she followed Azaiah and Amara to the meeting room. Truthfully, she couldn't think of another way out other than turning herself over- but she was worried that those close to her would die before they allowed that to happen.

Opening the doors, Natalia saw a huge table, full of people she did and didn't recognise. Of course, during her kidnapping, the personnel had changed around here, but she felt like a stranger.

However, Elias soon walked over to her, giving her the smallest smile of reassurance as he intertwined his hand with hers. "Whatever you do, don't listen to what any of those bastards have to say," Elias warned her, pulling a chair out for her.

Natalia sat down and Elias occupied the seat beside her, their hands still intertwined, not daring to let go of each other.

"What happened to Karl?" Natalia asked, her brows furrowed as she looked towards Elias.

She could see his face drop slightly, his eyes darting away from hers. However, she had no time to question his reaction as Amara began to speak.

Truth is, Elias didn't want to tell Natalia that she killed him, along with his wife and children. It would break her that she broke a family apart, especially of someone she knew.

"We need to figure out a way to take down Darius Gonzalez and the Russians once and for all," Amara announced and one of the unrecognisable men groaned.

"We're not about to start a fight that isn't ours. Sure; it's hers-" The man started, gesturing towards Natalia, "-but it ain't mine."

Natalia's grip on Elias' hand became tighter, her fingers working on playing with his rings and trying to block out the comments spilling from the man's mouth.