24- 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗴𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗲

"We should do this more often" Enzo spoke as he turned to face Evelyn. They were walking the streets of New York, sharing a tub of ice cream between them as they talked.

"Really? I thought you'd be sick of the paparazzi by now" Evelyn told him and Enzo just chuckled.

"I'd endure it to be with you, Eve" Enzo told her, smiling as a pink hue flashed across Evelyn's cheeks.

Evelyn dipped the spoon into the ice cream, holding it out to Enzo. However, before he could take the spoon, Evelyn let the spoon touch his nose, coating the tip of his nose in a thin layer of ice cream.

"Wow, thanks" Enzo spoke and Evelyn just chuckled before planting a kiss on the top of his nose, transferring the ice cream to her lips instead.

"So, what kind of dress do I need for your next event?" Evelyn asked him and Enzo just chuckled.

"I was thinking we skip the event and you wear nothing at all" Enzo told her, a smirk on his face as Evelyn just rolled her eyes.

"This is important, Enzo- you need to go to these things" Evelyn told him and Enzo just groaned.

"I'm going to need botox after all those fake smiles" Enzo complained and Evelyn just swatted his arm.

"Come off it, it can't be that bad" Evelyn told him and Enzo just laughed.

"You tell me that when it's done, you'll be dragging me out of there" Enzo told her and Evelyn held out her hand.

"Whoever walks out of there first has to do the other a favour, deal?" Evelyn asked, her hand outstretched as Enzo took it.

"Deal" Enzo told her, stopping as he approached his car. He walked around to the drivers seat, but not before holding the passenger seat door open so Evelyn could get in.

"I forgot how good this ice cream was" Evelyn spoke and Enzo just chuckled as he put the key in the ignition.

"Has it been that long since you treated yourself?" Enzo asked and Evelyn just shrugged.

"I never had the time" Evelyn told him and Enzo moved past it, not knowing she rarely had the money to afford it.

Enzo placed his hand on the back of Evelyn's seat, looking behind him as he attempted to reverse out of the parking space.

"What happened to your driver?" Evelyn asked Enzo out of pure curiosity.

"I haven't had one for a while, I prefer driving myself" Enzo told her, but that wasn't the whole truth.

Aurelia died in a car crash and Natalia nearly did, too- not forgetting that Evelyn was recently kidnapped by his 'driver'.

"Isn't it effort? If I could get a driver, I would" Evelyn told him and Enzo just chuckled as he began driving.

"I trust myself more than anyone else, I've had a few bad experiences" Enzo told her and Evelyn just groaned.

"So did I. Once I was in a taxi and the guy wouldn't stop farting and he overcharged me, it was the worst start to the morning."

It was clear Evelyn didn't understand just how bad Enzo's experiences were.

"That's shocking" Enzo told her, not feeling like dampening the mood right now.

"I know, I couldn't believe it" Evelyn spoke and Enzo just smiled.

He smiled at the fact he finally had someone by his side, his person to enjoy life with. As the days went by, Enzo just fell more in love with her than ever- yet he didn't tell her.