21- 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗞𝗶𝘀𝘀

"Have you got an address the call was from yet?" Elias asked Enzo and he shook his head, typing away on his computer.

He was stressed, not sleeping and not wanting to until Evelyn was safe. However, he was frustrated at himself, his abilities being limited at the wrong time- a time he needed to save Evelyn.

"I've got quite a few men willing to come on this mission, but I'm keeping the French out of it" Azaiah told them and Enzo just looked at him, annoyed.

"You're not getting the extra help we need? That makes no fucking sense-" Enzo started but Azaiah cut him off.

"We don't know if they can be trusted, I have a bad feeling about them" Azaiah told him and Enzo didn't have a chance to say anything before something popped up on his computer, causing his face to light up slightly.

"What is it?" Elias asked him, walking over and looking at the screen himself.

"I have the address, it's..." Enzo started but stopped, ruffling a hand in his hair as he cursed himself.

"Spit it out, Enzo" Elias told him and Enzo just took a breath before replying.

"It's the Mercado Enterprises Headquarters, the company Eliana runs."

Elias' eyes widened and so did Azaiah's, not expecting her to have any part in this- they forgot she existed for a minute.

"So...she's involved in this?" Azaiah asked and Enzo just muttered, chuckling emptily.

"It doesn't surprise me, she always was a vengeful bitch" Enzo told him as he just looked at the screen, shutting his eyes for a moment- he knew what he had to do.

"Stay here, I need to try and sort this without the use for violence" Enzo told them before standing up but Azaiah and Elias just stood in front of him.

"You think you're going alone? Not a chance" Elias told him and Enzo just rolled his eyes.

For a moment, he forgot he was talking about two men heavily involved in the Mafia.

"Elias, you'll need to stay here and keep everything under control- I'll go with him" Azaiah told him and Elias just looked at him, unimpressed- but he knew Azaiah was right.

"Fine, make sure he doesn't get himself killed" Elias told him and Enzo just threw his arms out to the side.

"I might not have come out of the womb armed with a gun, but I'm not stupid" Enzo told them and they both just subtly rolled their eyes before walking away.

"You're going to need to put the charm offensive on" Azaiah told him and Enzo just furrowed his brows.

"Why? I'll ask her for Evelyn and-" Enzo started but Elias stopped walking, holding a hand against his chest.

"Woah, hold it- that's a way to get yourself killed" Elias told him and Enzo just furrowed his brows again.

"How? What am I meant to do?" Enzo asked and Azaiah stepped in.

"You either charm her, get her in bed and find out her secrets- but that's time consuming. Instead, find something to blackmail her with or find a way to get the information of where she's being kept, like by her computer or phone records- do you think you're up for this?" Azaiah asked him and Enzo just took a deep breath.

"Yeah, she can't be much worse than what she was seven years ago" Enzo told them and Elias just shook his head, looking down.

"She's involved in the Mafia now- she's much worse than the woman you used to know."

———————

"Well, long time no see, Enzo" Eliana told him as she sat behind her desk, legs propped up on it.