23- 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗙𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘀

TWO MONTHS LATER:

"Natty, you're it for me" Elias told her as their bodies were only inches apart, laid on his bed.

"You're not too bad yourself, Ellie" Natalia joked as Elias tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, chuckling.

"I'm serious, Natty- I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else" Elias told her, smiling as he never broke eye contact with Natalia.

"You're cute when you want to be" Natalia told him and he just quirked an eyebrow.

"Is that so? I was going to make you breakfast but now I'm not su-" Elias started but Natalia cut him off by placing a kiss on his lips.

"I'll make you a three course meal now."

"I only have one request" Natalia told him and Elias just looked at her, anticipating her next words.

"You."

A smirk just formed on Elias' face as he straddled her, pulling the covers over them as he began kissing her neck. Natalia just chuckled, Elias' teeth grazing against her skin somehow managing to tickle her.

"God I love that laugh" Elias spoke against her neck before bringing his head up.

"But I love you more."

Natalia jolted forward in her bed, wiping away the beads of sweat that had formed on her forehead. She closed her eyes, taking deep breaths as she tried to control her breathing.

"Are you okay, Natalia?" The woman next to her asked and Natalia just nodded.

"I'm fine" Natalia told her as she turned to face her, seeing the smile on her face.

"Well, in that case..." The woman trailed off, placing kisses on Natalia's shoulder as she slowly moved to her neck.

"Not today, I'm not really feeling it" Natalia told her and the woman just sighed.

"The least you could do is admit to yourself that you're not fine, you can't use sex as a distraction."

She was right, Natalia knew she was. It had been years since she felt fine and two months ago she had to flee from the people she loved to keep them safe.

Venezuela was a beautiful country, but nothing is worth more than being surrounded by your loved ones. Natalia didn't know whether she'd ever see them again, but the small chance that she would managed to keep her going.

"I know, Haley- wait, aren't you supposed to be at work?" Natalia asked her and her face dropped.

"Shit" Haley muttered, jumping out of bed and throwing on her underwear and her work uniform.

"I'll see you later" Natalia told her and Haley just rushed out a 'goodbye' before rushing off to work.

After that, Natalia just laid back on her bed, staring at the ceiling. It turns out she did that for about an hour, thinking about her dream.

It wasn't a dream, it was her memories. Most of them came back at once, but the small ones came back in dreams- almost torturing her with something she can't have.

The worst part is, it was always Elias.

Their memories were probably the most important to her, which is why they kept coming back in her sleep. She would rather go through the nightmare of feeling all the pain from her seven years as Deadly Nightshade than face seeing Elias' face every night when they were worlds apart.

Natalia sat up, getting a quick shower and changing into common clothes people would wear in Venezuela- she didn't want to stand out.

She had met Haley shortly after arriving in Venezuela and as both of them got carried away in the bar, they ended up drinking too much and drunkenly hooking up. When they woke up, Haley offered Natalia that she could crash at her place and she didn't have a choice but to accept- she had no place to go.