Chapter 2

I wake up to the sun shining in my face. I look around, trying to figure out where I am. My eyes get less blurry as I start to look at the area around me more.

I'm in Caroline's living room.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" She questions me as she starts to sit up from the floor.

"I-I don't know." I say as I look to the other couch. Lucas is sleeping there.

As I'm about to speak, Lucas sits up. "Why am I here?" He looks over to me. "Why are you here? Why are we here!?"

"I think I remember what happened." I announce, before really thinking and getting all of the information I can remember before forming them into words. "I remember driving both of you guys home and I was sober, but once we got here... I think we all just crashed."

Lucas groans, "What time did we get here and why did we come in?"

Why the hell is he asking so many damn questions?

"I'm not too sure of the time, but I think we came in here to help Caroline. Instead, we all fell asleep."

"I can say I let loose last night." Caroline randomly announce . At least yesterday was Saturday, so we didn't have to worry about what time it was or if we were late to our classes. Plus, my parents probably wouldn't let me go to a party on a school night.

"I'm gonna call an Uber." Lucas announces in the middle of no where. Caroline and I both look at him.

"I can drive you two home if you want, it's no issue." Caroline proposes.

"No, I kinda want to stay a little longer if that's fine." I say as I look at Lucas. "What are you in a rush for?"

"I have practice."

"Yeah, not till four. It's ten in the morning." I'm confused. Why does he want to leave? I guess he feels weird because he's the only guy? I don't get that either because we're all so close and he's my boyfriend.

"Yeah, well I just want to get home." He grabs his phone and calls an Uber. Five minuets later, it arrives and he leaves. He didn't even give me a kiss goodbye or anything.

Whatever.

Caroline and I don't say anything and head upstairs. "Are your parents home?"

"No, they left at six to go to work."

Once we reach her room, she sits on her desk chair and I sit on her bed. Like always.

"So, that was odd." She says, breaking the silence.

"I know. He was also acting weird yesterday when I asked him if he was going to the party."

She furrows her eyebrows and gives me a weird look. "Why, what did he say?"

"He was all like I don't know if I can, I have family stuff blah blah blah. I was worried because I knew it was a lie."

She sighs, "Really? I thought he was acting fine all night... until this morning. Maybe he's just off. I mean, he is off."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?!"

She smirks, "Ya know." We both laugh. Until something stops me and an image comes into my mind.

The girl.

Caroline has no idea that happened, should I tell her? I mean, she's my best friend. I'm just worried I guess. I don't know what I should be worried about, but I am.

"Are you okay, Rose? You're face is pale and you're cheeks are flushed."

I snap my head up. "Yeah, sorry."

"What happened?" Dammit, she can read me so well. "Rose?"

"Promise you won't tell? Caroline, you have to promise."

"Rose, have I told anyone any of your secrets?" I shake my head. "So don't be worried, tell me."

I take a deep breath." At the party, right before you came and got me, I saw this..."

"Go on."

"Girl. I saw this beautiful girl walking down the stairs."

"I know, there were a lot of pretty girls there and their outfits were-"

"Caroline, that's not what I meant." I didn't want that to sound harsh, but I just couldn't say what I was thinking. I'm nervous she's going to judge me.

"I don't- wait, Rose, are you saying what I think you're saying?"

I swallow the lump in my throat. "I found her attractive."

After talking about the "mystery girl", Caroline comes over and gives me a hug. "It's going to all be okay. For all you know, you might never see her again, so don't worry about it girly."

I know that was supposed to be calming, but the thought of never seeing that girl again puts an ache in my heart.

"Thanks Caroline." I say, hugging her back tightly. I know if I told her that what she said made me more upset, she would go out and buy me things.

That's my best friend for you.

"Promise, you won't tell?" I ask to make sure. I know she wouldn't, but you can never be too sure.

She smiles, "Of course not! I would never even think of telling anyone. Plus, you're like one of my only friends so."

We laugh and hang out for the rest of the day until I feel like it's time to go home and get some work done.

I say goodbye to Caroline, as I leave the passenger seat of her car.

I open the front door and walk in.

The first thing I see is Lucas sitting at the kitchen island with my dad.

My dad looks pissed and Lucas has an ashamed look written all over his face.

"What the hell is going on?"