Chapter 24

I look back over at Harper. I stand up as we both start to walk towards each other.

I'm embraced in her scent and warmth immediately. My arms instantly wrap around her waist as hers wrap around the bottom of my neck, resting slightly on my shoulders (our height difference makes me go crazy sometimes).

The hug is soft, but passionate at the same time. Her jacket swallows me up, making the hug comforting. She starts to rub my back and massages my head.

We haven't spoken a word to each other, but it feels like it's all just been spoken.

Our body's spoke it.

She pulls away and instantly cups my cheeks. I look into her hazel-green eyes as a small smile tugs at the corner of her lips.

Am I all that surprised that this was what made me start to cry?

"Aw, baby." She softly whispers, putting a hand behind my head and one on my back, pulling me into her as I sob into her coat.

We stand like that for only a few minuets, but it felt like an eternity. I wish it lasted an eternity.

That hug was exactly what I needed.
She was exactly what I needed.
I realized that the time I needed away from her was over, I can't go that long without her near me.

I pull away and look her in the eyes. "Harper, I'm so sorry that-"

She puts her finger over my lips, shushing me. "If anything, I should be the one apologizing to you right now. What's been going on between us we can talk about later or some other time. Right now, you need to focus on your mother and not us."

"Thanks, but I feel bad because-"

She puts her finger over my lips once again. "What did I just say? We'll discuss this in the future. If it makes you feel better, I'm not mad at you. I don't think I could ever be at you for anything." She starts to play with my hair as we stare into each others eyes. "For now, we need to make sure your mom is alright."

"Thank you for caring."

She seems taken back by my words. "Rosemarie, why wouldn't I care? No matter what happened between us, I hope that you didn't think I wouldn't still be there for you." She gives me a semi sad smile. "Once Caroline texted me and told me what happened, I rushed over here so quickly that I almost got into a few car crashes. I knew I had be here for you. I made a promise to myself to always be here for you no matter what. It's because I love you and care for you. You're problems are mine and we will get through everything together. Again, we need to focus on your mom right now and that's exactly what I'm here for. I'm here for you, your mom, your dad, and your whole family." She brushes her thumb across my cheek. "I'll always be by your side."

She kisses me and I feel like a kid who just got married on the play ground. I'm happy and filled with love.

Why did I ever leave this angel behind?

"That means a lot to me, Harper." I don't know what else to say. So many emotions are flowing through my body, but one thing keeps popping up in my consciousness. "I have to tell you something."

"Tell me anything, pretty." That nickname makes my knees go weak in that moment. I've missed that over the last 2 days.

"I told my mom about you earlier today." Her eyes widen. "She loves us together."

She takes a deep breath. "You had me worried for a second... wait so does that mean she knows your bi?"

"Yeah, she knows now. She was super supportive."