Bonus ~ Harpers Pov From Chapter 37

I lay on my back and stare at my beautiful girl beside me. We just had sex for the last time before I go away for college... today.

There's an ache in my chest knowing that I'll be miles away from Rose.

What if something happens? I won't be there in time to help her.

Fuck, this is bad.

I smile at her, knowing that I have her in this moment. This time tomorrow... I won't be next to her.

"Harper?" She's still a little out of breath, but her voice is still soft as usual.

"What's up, baby?"

She looks down at the sheet covering her naked body, then back up to me. "I'm gonna miss having you around all the time." My heart tightens at her words.

"And I'm going to miss not being around all the time." I stare into my beautiful girls eyes. "Just remember, if you ever need me, I'll be a phone call away." It might take me a while to get to her, but I'll get there for sure.

"I know." She looks down, but I lift her head up with my fingers. "I just love you."

"I love you more, pretty." She gives me a soft smile at the nickname I've had for her ever since, and I pull her into my chest.

Leaving for college is going to be one of the hardest things I've done in a while.

Not only is it hard leaving Rose behind, but also my parents.

Oh... and Lucas.

I've never been good at saying goodbye. It just hurts so much that I'd rather just leave without saying a word, but I know everyone would come murder me if I did that.

In this moment, I just have to enjoy my time here. I can't be too worried about the future, I have to worry about what's in my arms right now and I'm pretty sure I can do that just fine because my future is in my arms.

I put the last bag in the trunk, trying not to pay mind to the fact that they're all watching me do this.

I feel like I'm in some fucking rom-com movie or something... yeah, I definitely am.

I close the trunk and make my way over to the group of people who are here to say goodbye to me, and every single one of them mean so much.

After hugging my parents goodbye, I reach Lucas. We just kinda stand there and stare at each other, like we don't know what the next step. Luckily, Lucas opens his arms and hugs me. We never show affection, but it's nice in times like this.

I wrap my arms around him. "I'm gonna miss you big sis."

A smile widens across my face. "I'll miss you too lil bro." We pull apart as he gives me one of his stupid boyish smiles. Yeah, I guess I will miss him.

I look over to Caroline and give her a hug. We've gotten closer and she's super cool... but all of that doesn't matter when I make eye contact with my girl.

"Rosemaire." I know she hates when people call her that, but she says I'm the only acception. I walk up to her and hug her so tight as if she'll just slip right from my grip if I let go. "I'm gonna miss you, pretty. Call me?"

"Always." She whispers. I look into her eyes once more and I can tell she wants to cry. If she cries, I'll cry so I pray she holds it in. "Have fun and be safe, baby." I nod and give her a quick kiss before heading to my car.

I can't look back. If I do, I might not ever leave.

I know they're all standing there, watching me as I go. I yell out once more before getting into the car... and I'm off.

I leave them all behind while I go away to school, but soon enough I'll be home for good and I'll be starting a family with the girl of my dreams.

Sometimes we have to do things to get to where we actually wanna be in life. I feel like that's my life lesson.

I've done a lot of things in my life to get me to the place of where I am now. Mostly, to get to the people who I'm with now.

The person I'm really thinking of is Rose.

If she never dated Lucas, I would've never really meet her. I could've gone up to her at the party, but I'm glad I couldn't get the chance because everything happened the way it should've.

Everything happens for a reason.

Rose fell in love with Lucas, then fell in love with his sister and I'm proud to say that I was...
His Sister.

Author Note
thank you again <33