Chapter 13

I get out of Lucas' bed and make my way to the bathroom. This time, I look like I've been through hell and back. My hair is a mess and my shorts are all messed up.

I head into Lucas' room quickly to put on some more appropriate clothing. I throw on black joggers and a baby blue sweatshirt that is Lucas'.

The whole house smells like bacon and I love it. My parents never really cooked breakfast when I was younger, I usually just had Lucky Charms every morning and sometimes a glass of chocolate milk.

So I can tell this is going to be a sweet treat.

I get downstairs to find Lucas, his mom, and dad sitting at the kitchen island. No Harper.

"Rose! Have a seat and make a plate." Emerson greets me. I look over to Lucas and see him smiling at me as I walk in front of him to grab a plate. I fill my plate up and stand across from Lucas at the island.

"Here, sit." Kade starts to stand up, offering me his seat.

I laugh to myself. "I'm alright, thank you." He puts his hands up in defense and sits back down. We all start small talk with each other until we're all interrupted by stairs creaking.

Oh fuck.

I don't look up, I don't think I can do it.

"Harper, it's about time you came down." Emerson rolls her eyes and we make eye contact. "Oh my, you probably didn't even know Rose was here."

"I did know. We already said hello." She responds. Little do they know, we did a little more then just say hello.

Harper walks behind me and grabs a plate while the rest of them start talking to each other about some family member who's birthday party is coming up soon or something like that. They weren't even paying attention to us and Harper knew that too.

She walks behind me, after filing her plate with food and bends down to whisper in my ear. "What happened to those little shorts, darling? I would've loved to see you in them this morning." She walks away and my legs go weak.

Harper stands on the side of the island... the side right next to me. She begins to eat and she exchanges glares with Lucas.

"So, what are you two love birds gonna do today?" Emerson asks, admiring us.

Lucas finished chewing and looks at her. "I don't know, thought we would just hang here."

Emerson sighs. "You two should go out! Go live a little!"

"Yeah, maybe we will." He says but it doesn't really sound like he wants to.

Emerson nods, satisfied. "Dad and I have to get ready for a brunch with the Camptons. Be down soon!" They both walk upstairs, leaving us three alone.

Harper takes in a sharp breath next to me. "Yeah, take her out Lucas. Show the world she's yours." What the hell is she doing?! Every word in that sentence sounds like she's digging at him. Throwing knives into him, but all he does is glance at her. "What? Scared of something?"

His breath quickens. "Shut up, Harper."

"Sure... bitch." She smirks at him as he puts his head down and takes out his phone.
She walks behind me and goes to the sink. As she walks back, she puts her hand in my pocket. I look over at her and she winks.

I reach into my pocket, pulling out a piece of paper.

It's her number.

Lucas and I sit on his bed, watching some movie about kids running a day camp or some shit. I don't know, I stopped paying attention a while ago.