Chapter 27

I knock on the door, butterflies fill my stomach.

"Rose!" Emerson hugs me so very tightly. "I missed seeing you around!"

I laugh. "I missed being here." Not with her son though!

Harper and I have been dating for exactly a week now and to say I'm in love would be an understatement. I can't even find the right words.

"She's upstairs, I got to go. Have fun!" She says as she grabs her keys and walks out. Today, Harper and I are officially hanging out at her house as girlfriends. She was nervous that Lucas would fuck something up, but he's not here.

No one's here.

"Harper?" I ask as I knock on her door.

"Come in, love!" I open the door to find her laying on her bed. I make my way over to her bed and cuddle into her. "How are you doing?"

"I'm alright. I'm just not looking forward to tomorrow." My dad and I decided to have a service for mom. It will act like a wake, but we'll burry her privately. We thought it was the best decision.

"I know, baby. I'll be there the whole time."

I take my face out of her neck and look up at her. "You don't have to stay the whole time. It's okay. It's a long time."

"I know it will make you happy and you're worth every second. Plus, I want to be there for you and your dad."

I laugh a little as I straddle her lap. Her hands instantly settle at my waist as we look into each others eyes. "I don't deserve you, Harper."

"I think it's the other way around." She kisses me deeply and I kiss her back. "Do you wanna do anything today?"

"I think I just wanna chill. Maybe watch a christmas movie, since it's finally December, bake, and shower?"

She laughs. "I love how you threw in that last part."

I playfully hit her arm. "Oh stop. You know you want to as well."

"I'm actually kinda glad you brought that up." I raise my eyebrows. "I brought us a matching plaid pajama set! I think we should shower first."

"I'm surprised you wanna match and stuff. I don't see you as that type of girl."

"Why wouldn't I wanna match with my girl?" My heart flutters at the name. I am her girl.

"Yeah yeah, let's go!" I jump off her lap and go into the bathroom. She follows slowly behind, but somehow gets in front of me and starts the shower.

Instead of taking off her clothes, like I'm about to do, she sits on top of the toilet seat and looks at me. I give her a questioning look as I stand in front of her.

"Strip." Her voice is very demanding.

"Aren't you gonna take your clothes off as well?"

She smirks. "Yeah, but I want you to strip first."

My hands instantly go under my shirt, revealing my black laced bra. Her eyes quickly falls onto my breasts. She looks from there and up to my eyes.

"Continue."

My hands reach my leggings and I slowly pull them down to my ankles, kicking them off.

Why am I not nervous at all?

I start to unclip my bra but she puts her hand on my waist, stopping me. "I want to do that." She brings her other arm to my waist as she pulls me closer to her. "Go stand in front of the mirror for me."