Chapter 11

I take a deep breath after hanging up the phone with her. I feel so much lighter and less tense.

I've never felt tense around her before.

But now, I happily walk over to the outfit she picked out and put it right on. It's black leggings, a white (kinda cropped) short sleeve shirt, and a long brown sweater. Caroline never fails to put together a perfect outfit.

I stand in front of the mirror, putting on my earrings, and admiring how I look. This whole outfit is perfect for the little occasion.

This scary as hell occasion.

I go downstairs as my phone starts to ring. "Hey, what's up?"

"Hey honey, how are you doing? How are you feeling? Are you nervous? It's gonna go great." My mom starts to spew.

"I'm fine, thanks." Lie.

"Alright, well have fun and let me know if you need anything."

"I will, thanks. Love you."

"Love you too, dear." She hangs up and I continue finishing things up before I leave, but as I do, I start to think.

I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't the slightest bit worried about my mom. Her stomach still hurts, which is weird. She ended up going to the doctors and they said everything was fine. I don't know. This isn't like her. I feel like somethings off, but I'm gonna believe the doctors. I wanna believe them.

After I finally put my thoughts to rest, I already finished doing what I had to do. Now, it's time to leave and I don't want to.

I wish Harper never came over. I mean, it was nice to see her... but not in that way. Not in a she came over here to tell me not to come over and see my boyfriend typa way.

Lucas told me not to eat because we'll just eat there. To be honest, I don't think I'll be able to. I'm too worked up about... that and just going over in general. It's a lot to take in.

I stand in front of my front door, knowing as soon as I open it, it's go time. I'm not ready. I think I need to stop being such a baby and just go.

All I'm doing is wasting time and worrying instead of just going ahead and doing the damn thing!

Now I stand in front of his door. My hands at my side and my body straight up. I'm like a freaking statue. What's my issue?!

If someone were to see me right now, I bet I would look like an idiot. So, to avoid that embarrassment I should just knock on the door. That's what any normal person would do. That's what I should do.

But I don't.

I stand there for another five minutes before bullying myself in my head and forcing myself to lift up my hand and do a slight knock on the door of his nice ass house. I stand there for about a minute before I hear someone unlocking the door.

All of my worries go away when I see his beautiful smile.

"Hi, baby!" He hugs me and gives me a kiss. "Come inside, it's cold." We walk inside and his parents are sitting on the sofa. They both get up and give me hugs and tells me to sit. We end up having a little conversation while Lucas goes and grabs my bags. What a gentleman.

"Let me get Harper, it's so rude of her not coming down and-" Emerson starts, but I knew I had to instantly stop her from doing that.

"No, it's all okay. Don't bother her. I'll umm- see her later!" I say and she buys into it.

Lucas comes down from his room and grabs my arm. "We're going up to my room."

His mom gets up and starts to head into the kitchen. "Alright, I'll let you two know when dinner's ready!"