Chapter 28

The difference between yesterdays vibe and todays are complete polar opposite.

I lay in bed, bright and early. It was hard for me to sleep last night. I don't know if it was because of what Harper and I did or maybe it's because of what's to come today.

Whatever it is sucks because all I wanted to do was fucking sleep.

Since I can't sleep, I open my phone and instantly text Harper. It's like my morning routine.

To Harper: hey, ru up?

From Harper: yeah good morning baby

To Harper: morning :)

From Harper: ur texting is off... are you alr?

To Harper: i couldn't sleep last night and i still have a few more hours to sleep and i can't

From Harper: want me to come over? i'll come over!

To Harper: no no it's okay i'm just telling you that i couldn't sleep

From Harper: ru sure pretty?? you know i would

To Harper: i know... but i'll see u later

From Harper: i'll be over in a few hours, i'll get there with you guys

To Harper: love, you don't have to be there that long i promise you i'll be fine

From Harper: no, i need to be there for you just in case. you can't convince me otherwise

To Harper: okay okay see you later then... thank you

From Harper: your my girl, i'll do anything for you. i love you, pretty

To Harper: i love you more

I close my phone and rest my back even father into the pillow. I force my eyes shut, but I still find myself lying awake after 20 mins.

I get aggravated and get up, I guess i'll start my day at 7:34.

I walk slowly to the bathroom and look at myself. I look horrendous. So, I fix my hair and brush my teeth, knowing I won't have an appetite to eat.

As I walk down the stairs, I hear the television on and some man talking about football.

"Morning, dad." I say as I open the fridge and grab apple juice.

He turns around to look at me. "Good morning, pumpkin. How did you sleep?"

"My sleep could've been better." I laugh, getting out a glass.

"Same." He looks at the tv then back to me. "Sorry I wasn't up last night when you came home from Harpers. How was it?"

"Don't worry about it. It was really fun, thanks." Maybe a little too fun.

"Glad to hear. By the way, we're leaving here at two."

I look at him as I take a sip of the juice. "But doesn't it not start till 4?"

"Yeah, but we gotta get there early. Plus, I wanna see her." He says with a sad tone at the end. "You don't have to see her if you don't want. I get it."

"Okay, I'll think about it." He nods at me as I make my way upstairs and back into my room.

I mean, do I really wanna see my mother dead in her casket? Would she want me to see her? I wish I had the answers to my own questions.

I lay in my bed for a few hours until the time reaches 11 and I hear the doorbell ringing. I get up out of bed and make my way down stairs.

"Are you expecting someone?" Dad says, still in the same spot from earlier.