Chapter 4

I see Caroline walk through my front door as I'm sitting on the couch home alone. Today's the big day and I'm freaking the hell out.

"Caroline!" I yell getting up from the couch and over to her. Her black hair is up in a high ponytail, which makes me laugh because her hair is always like that.

"What was so urgent that you woke me from my slumber. You know Rose, a girl like me needs her beauty sleep." She tells me sarcastically.

I stare at her. "Lucas asked me to meet his parents."

"Screw my sleep! It's about time that bitch invited you over." She rolls her eyes. "I wonder what made him change his mind."

"Well, yesterday a few things happened, which aren't important right now. He had said that hes been thinking about this for a while."

"If he's been thinking about it for a while, he should've acted on it as soon as he thought of it."

I laugh, "Give him a break, would ya? Please help me get ready."

"Of course, that's why I'm here." She replies as she grabs my hand and we sprint up the stairs. "What time are you going over?"

"Well, he said he's going to pick me up at-"

"Wait, he's going to pick you up? What a gentleman! That's probably the nicest thing he has ever done!"

I roll my eyes at her comment. "He has done a lot of nice things. Anyways, he's picking me up at three."

She glances over at the time. "We should probably start getting ready."

"It's literally one."

"We need to make sure everything is perfect for that little boy toy of yours." She winks and I make my way to the bathroom that's connected to my room. 

"So, how do you think tonight's going to go?" She asks me from my bedroom. I really don't know to be honest. I wouldn't be nervous if dad hadn't said what he said to me. I know Lucas is perfect, but maybe there is something off about him. I mean, he's never acted this way before. Maybe I'm over thinking all of this. I definitely am. I'm going over to his house to meet his parents! Which also doesn't sit with me because of how long hes waited to do this.

"I think it's gonna go well."

After I get my makeup and hair done, I shut off the bathroom light and head into my bedroom. "Wow, you're gonna have him on his knees girl!"

I laugh, "Oh shut up, you're acting like he's my crush and I'm going on a date."

"Well you kind of are and this is very important Rosemarie." She gives me one of her "mom" grins that she likes to use from time to time before her eyes widen and she suddenly gasps. She probably saw the fire in my eyes. "Rose! I meant to say Rose! Sorry, sometimes I slip."

"Yeah it's fine. Anyways, what do I wear?" I open my closet doors and look at my options. "Do I wear a dress? Is it nice out? Well, it is November. I don't want to dress too down." Caroline stares at me like a dear in freaking headlights. "What the hell are you staring at? Help me please!"

She snaps her head up. "Sorry, what?"

"What do I wear? I think it's too cold out to wear a dress, but I don't want it to look like I didn't try or-"

"Jeans and some type of top that stops right before your jeans." She randomly says. Caroline has always been good at picking out outfits, that's why she's going to go into the fashion industry. She's been wanting to do that since she was little and since the guidance office wanted us to start reaching out to colleges and think about what we wanted to do, she got right on that.