Chapter 10

I was right... she did make it harder for me to fall asleep. I was up all night staring at the ceiling and wondering what she meant. I'm currently hating her for not just being straight up with me.

If she can't give me a reason, then I have no reason not to show up. So, I'll be there.

I get out of my bed, after my very few hours of sleep, and head down to the kitchen. Since it's Monday, I heat up a waffle before I start getting ready to go to school. The only thing getting me through this morning is that there's no school tomorrow.

After school, I'll come back here, grab my bag, hyperventilate a little, then leave. Sounds like a plan!

I throw on leggings, sneakers, a flannel, and a short white crop top. I make my way down the stairs and decide to take my car. Sometimes I take the bus in the morning, but that's mainly when I'm too lazy to drive.

Once I finally arrive to school, I'm greeted by Caroline who's impatiently waiting by my parking spot. She's rocking back and forth on her heels and staring at me with this large, stupid ass grin on her face.

I hop out the car and she runs up to me. "Rose! Are you excited?"

I stand there and say nothing because I really don't know if I am anymore.

"Caroline, I have to tell you something." Since we have at least 10 minutes to spare before the first bell rings, I decided to tell her now. I need her opinion on what to do here.

We both get into my car as I start it, giving us some heat.

"What's up?" I can tell she's a little nervous. I mean, I did sound very serious when I said I had to tell her something. "Who is it about?"

"Harper and, I guess, Lucas." And there I go, telling Caroline all about last night. Telling her about all of my problems makes me feel so much better than you could ever imagine.

She sits there after I finish. I can tell she's really thinking about this. "Before I give my input, what are you gonna do?"

"I have no reason not to go. She didn't give me a reason. So, I'm going." I look at her, trying to read her face and hoping she doesn't just tell me what I wanna hear, but hoping she does at the same time.

"Rose, it must be a good reason though if she's coming to your house and telling you in person not to go." Fuck. I knew this bitch would try and change my mind somehow.

"I know, but think of it in Lucas' perspective. If I tell him and he asks me why, I don't have a reason and I'm sure as hell not telling him his sister came to my house and told me not to come over."

"Yeah, I guess so if you think of it that way. I mean, you're going there to hang out with him. He needs a reason." She sits there and thinks for a minute before shrugging her shoulders. "Just go then."

I groan, "Caroline! You don't sound set on the idea and I need you to be because if you don't like the idea then I can't do it!"

"Listen to me, do what you want. I guess both sides have a valid reason. Do what you want, but I'm telling you I don't think you should go, Rose." She leaves the car and my heart sinks. Is she mad at me for going? Fuck, I don't want her to be upset or mad at me. I didn't even do anything yet! I just stated my opinion! Dammit.