Chapter 20

My heart drops. Did he just say-

"Did you just say what I think you said? Oh God I hope this is a bad dream." I hear her panic a little... probably since I'm literally right in her closet listening to all of this shit.

"Shut up. No, this is real and I want to get your opinion on it."

I hear her laugh. "My option?! You're telling me you're going to bring over the girl you cheated on Rose with. Am I correct?" I guess he nods, I don't know I can't even see. "Isn't that fucked?"

"I mean, Rose and I are over. I don't see a problem."

"Oh my God you're so stupid. Lucas, you realize mom and dad are pissed at you for cheating on her and now you're gonna bring the girl you cheated on her with? Let that sink in."

"I know, but listen-"

"Lucas, it took you five years of dating Rose to finally bring her over. You have sex with this girl twice, or more probably, and want to bring her over?! You want to bring over your side hoe." She's got a point...

I hear his voice raise. "Harper you don't get it. I'm in love with Lilah!" My heart drops as I hear Harper laugh.

"In love?! Lucas, you're too funny. Wait, you're in love with her so you bring her over... are you telling me you were never really in love with Rose?" Harper has no care and I love it.

"What? No! I loved Rose, I know for sure."

"I don't know, something's not adding up. Plus, you and Rose haven't even talked yet about the whole thing, so I think you need to slow down a little."

He sighs. "You said, she said, we were gonna talk soon... I'm waiting."

"Give her time, do you think it's easy looking the guy in the face who cheated on you?"

"Whatever Harper, I never should've came in." I hear him start to walk out.

"That's your fault for thinking I would give you a positive opinion on that dumb shit. You're stupid Lucas, for all of the shit you've done. You better leave now before I beat the living fuck out of you." I hear him breathe heavy and walk out.

After about a minuet, I hear the front door open and closed. I peak out of Harpers closet door and we make eye contact.

"Come out." I walk out and sit next to her. "That fucker. I'm so sorry, Rose."

"It's fine. I mean, we're over but he's still wrong for that."

She shakes her head. "Don't try to justify his actions, Rose. It's all so wrong and it's okay to admit."

"Why would he do that..." I say, hanging my head. I want to sit here and say that it doesn't hurt, not even a little bit, but it does sting a little.

"Come here, pretty." Harper says, pulling me in for a hug. She always makes me feel better.

She hugs me and rubs my back, whispering that it's okay. I'm not crying, I don't think I could cry over this when I have his sister hugging me.

"Rose, we don't have to finish what we started earlier. We can just hang around or do whatever." She says, pulling away from me.

I look at her and smirk. "Well, what if I want to finish it?"

"God, I love the way you make me feel." She says, pulling me onto her lap. "When I see you on Tuesday, telling off my brother, you're gonna look to hot and I'm gonna want to do some unexplainable things to you." She smashes her lips onto mine, instantly pushing her tongue in. We make out for what feels like forever and now I'm suddenly under her as she kisses my neck. She starts to leave little hickeys before she suddenly stops. "Rose, I don't know if I should go on."

"Why? Did I do something?"

She hold my face in one of her hands. "Nothing at all, pretty. It's just all in my head."

"What is it Harper?"

"I'm just afraid I'll turn you away and you'll start to loose interest in me. I want you to know one thing, okay?"

"What is it?"

"I love you." She smiles at me and I feel my heart stop. "And I'm not like my brother. I'll never use you and I hope you never think that. I'm not yours right now, but I'm hoping one day I will be and I'll get to call you mine. For now, I think you need some time to get yourself together because of what happened. I want you to know that I'll always be here, waiting for you. I'll never leave you Rosemarie."

"Come here." I pull her face in and kiss her. I kiss her more passionately than I ever have in my life. I want her too, but I can't admit it.

Why do I still feel like this is wrong?

"I don't want to have sex with you, not today. Today, I want to kiss you all over like you've never been loved before." She says, which makes me breathe faster and want her more. "Answer this question for me?"

"Yeah." I respond almost out of breath.

"Where are you insecure? Start from your head and go down to your feet."

I furrow my eyebrows at her. "I would say my nose, lips, stomach, and thighs. Do you need me to explain?"

"Not all not, pretty. Not. At. All." She lowers her head, kissing my nose. She moves down a little, pecking my lips. She moves all the way down to my stomach, kissing all over it gently. Lastly, she moves down to my thighs, kissing the inside of each one. "You're perfect, Rosemarie. I want you to know that. I need you to know that." She moves back up and kisses my lips, gently.

"I don't know what to say." I smile at her.

"You don't have to say anything, love. Just consider what I said." She kisses from my lips, to my jaw, then down to my neck. "Can I?"

"Please." She latches her lips onto my neck, slowly sucking. I want her.

In the middle of her leaving a big hickey on my neck, my phone rings. "Fuck."

She removes her lips. "Who is it?"

"It's your brother." My heart quickens.

"Answer it." She demands.

"What?! No!"

She smirks, making her way back down to my neck. "Answer it and be quiet."

I let out a breath before accepting the call. "Hello?"

"Rose. Why was your car at my house?"

"It's not mine, don't call me again." I hang up.

"I was hoping you would moan or something." She says, removing herself from my neck and looking at me. "I've left my mark on you, I think I did pretty well." She takes her phone out, taking a pic and showing me.

"I would say so." I wink at her.

"Fuck, Lucas just texted the family group chat and said he's coming home."

"I guess I'll go then." I say as she gets off of me and sits at the top of her bed next to me.

"I'll see you Tuesday? Maybe we can have some fun after."

"You hope so." I tease as she brings my face to hers again and kisses me.

"I miss you already." She says and I look back at her and smirk, walking out.

"Rose, how are you doing?" Emerson asks me.

"Great. I'm really great."

Two more days.
Two more days till I tell this fucker off.