Chapter 5

I turn back around to his parents, trying to process what's happening. I can't believe my own eyes. Is that really her?! It has to be.

She looks... hot. Her honey blond hair is up in a ponytail, she's wearing a plan black long sleeve shirt with blue ripped jeans. I can see the outlining of all of her bralette through her thin shirt. 

I hear her footsteps inch closer, slowly, like she's teasing me in a way. I watch her under the hood of my eyes walk over and sit right in front of me.

I glance up at her, she smiles at me.

I wonder if she remembers? I know she saw me, but does she remember? I hope to God she does.

She reaches over and puts a piece of steak on her plate, while glancing at me from time to time.

I see Emerson point a hand at her. "Sorry she's being so rude."

"Oh, it's no problem." What else was I supposed to say?! She's not being rude one bit.

Not. At. All.

"So Rose, I have a question for you." Emerson asks as I nod at her, anticipating the question. "Your real name is Rosemarie, correct?" I nod again. "Why don't you like to be called that?"

"Well," I start to say, but stop when I feel Lucas' hand go on my thigh. "I just never have. I've always despised it, so when people call me it, I get mad. No reason at all though." She nods her head and Harper looks up at me. I look into her georgous hazel-green eyes. I feel myself forgetting  where I am. Neither of us smile at each other, it's more like we're studying each other.

We stop when we hear a low cough.

"Rose, do you know what you want to do in the future?" Kade asks me.

"No, I really have no clue." I can tell he really doesn't care all that much. I mean, I get I'm in my junior year and I should be figuring it out, but I really have no clue. It kills me, but I don't want to rush into something I'm not ready for or don't want to do.

As I'm about to ask Lucas to pass me a piece of steak, Emerson starts to speak. "Are you hungry, dear? Lucas, grab her a piece of steak." Lucas looks up at his mother and does so. The whole time he's doing it, Harper's staring at his every move through her lashes. No smile, just staring. I watch her chest rise and fall as he places the steak on my plate.

She kind of looks mad, which confuses me.

After about two hours of just talking and the Riggs' getting to know me better, we are all sitting on the couch. We were talking about relationships and the time when Emerson and Kade met. It was truly a cute story. I would've enjoyed it better if Harper was here. She went up into her room after dinner. I mean, I can't blame her. Why would you want to sit and listen to your parents love story with your brother and his girlfriend? Another thing that would've let me enjoy the story better was if Lucas was sitting next to me. He was sitting on the recliner while I was sitting on a couch for two. For two! I'm here, meeting his parents, and he's not even sitting next to me! I don't want to think too far into this, but maybe something is going on. I mean, dad did tell me that and I do get where he's coming from, but something's off right now.

"And then we had Lucas! That's our love story and we're so happy you two met. You guys are perfect for each other. I'm also really glad because Lucas found you. He needed someone like you in his life and you're the perfect person. Welcome to the family, Rose!" Emerson says, getting out of her seat and hugging me.

After another hour of talking, Lucas and I head up to his room. His room is very put together. Bed at the far end on the room, closet, TV to the right, and a bathroom at the end of the left wall. He has posters and frames all around his room. There are a few socks laying around, but that's about all. I sit on his blue comforter as he sits by his pillow. "Is everything okay?"