Chapter 34

Today is the day I've been dreading for a few days now. Lilah James and I on a coffee "get together".

After that night at the cemetery I guess everything changed.

She texted me and asked if I wanted to grab a coffee or something after school and I said sure. I asked Caroline about it and she said to got for it but be careful because she's a snake.

I had mixed feelings about it, but I thought I would give it a shot.

Here's the thing... I didn't tell Harper.

I don't really like she'll mind, but I just don't want her getting mad. I wanna give Lilah a shot to hopefully redeem her fucking self. She needs it desperately.

"Most people deserve a second chance" is what Caroline said to me.

I guess she's right... in some cases.

Sure, Lilah was a biatch to me growing up and she was hooking up my boyfriend... ugh, maybe I should've said no.

It's too late now, I'm already at the cafe.

The same cafe where the whole thing with Caroline went down. I guess this is the place for things to happen.

I mentally sigh, tell my self to prepare for the worst but hope for the best, and I'm out my car.

My body starts to shiver and I don't know if it's from the cold or because I'm a little bit nervous.

I walk into the cafe and look around, not seeing her anywhere. Did she stand me up? She was the one who asked to hang.

She's probably just running a few minutes late.

I walk up to the lady and get a coffee before sitting back down.

After a few minutes of waiting I hear the bells chime and I turn my head around to see Lilah walking through. She catches my eye and walks over with a light smile playing on her lips.

"Hey Rose!" She takes a seat in front of me and puts down her purse. "Thanks for agreeing to come here with me."

"Yeah yeah, no problem." I take in a breath. "Is everything okay?"

She furrows her eyebrows. "Why wouldn't it be?"

"Listen, Lilah. It's nice and all to be here with you, but it's just off."

"I know, Rose. I wanna change that. I know what I did in the past to you was awful and I'll never forgive myself. I regret not being friends with you. You were there for me through fucking everything and then I got nasty towards you and left. Then I starting hooking up with Lucas, which I'm sorry about too."

"I'm over the Lucas thing, it's all good. Lucas and I are cool now and plus I have a girlfriend." We both smile. "I feel like things changed between us since the cemetery thing."

"It made me realize that I miss us being friends. You don't have to accept it right now, but please think about it?" I nod and a smile spreads across her face. "For today, I thought we would just talk, like catch up?"

I smile at her. "Sure."

"Perfect, let me order some coffee first." She says as she looks at my cup and gets up.

"That was fun! We should do it again soon." Lilah says to me as we walk to our cars.

I smile over at her. "We totally should. I'll text you?"

"Of course. I'll see you in school tomorrow!" We enter our cars. I can't believe what just happened. Am I fucking crazy that I actually like hanging with her?