Chapter 19

My vision clears and I'm sitting on something hard with arms around me.

I fully open my eyes and I'm on the bathroom floor with my head on Harpers shoulder.

"You up?" Her voice vibrates my body.

I sit up slowly. "Yeah. I'm really sorry, that was so embarrassing."

"Nothing to be embarrassed about, pretty. So, mind telling me what you were so nervous about?"

I sit, facing her. "I went to the library, it's kinda my safe place. I was looking at a romance book and..." I stop, Harper's gonna freak.

"And what?"

I look into her eyes. "Promise not to freak out?"

"Fucking tell me, Rose."

I take a deep breath. "Lilah came up to me."

Harper doesn't move a muscle. "What did she do? Did she lay a finger on you? I swear Rose if that bitch-"

"No. She didn't." I try to calm her down just a little. "She called me a hopeless romantic and made fun of how I didn't know Lucas was cheating and how he lied to me about loosing his v-card to me. Basically, how she was always his and shit like that."

"You're joking." I can see the fire in her eyes and I can hear it in her voice as well. "She's messed up in the head for that and if I ever see her out in public I'm ripping her apart for doing that to you. It's not cool."

"She just-" I cut myself off, not too sure if I wanna tell her this.

"She what? Tell me." She puts a hand over mine.

"She made me feel like I wasn't loved by him. I know that the last bit of our relationship was fake, but did he really not love me? I think he used me, Harper. For sex. For my body. It looks like he just wanted the chance to take my virginity. Like he didn't actually care." She stops. It even looks like she stopedbreathing. She just stares at me, no expression at all.

"Can we move to my room first?" We sit on the edge of her bed and she stays silent, looking at the ground.

"Harper?" I ask, concern in my voice.

She just shakes her head. "Where does she live?"

"No! You're not going over to her house! Are you crazy?!"

"I'd do anything for you and you know that. She got you this worked up and that pisses me off. I wanna go and put that bitch in her place."

"Harper, please don't. I don't need more problems right now."

She looks at me, puzzled. "Need more problems?! Rose, she was the one who fucking came up to you and said all that shit. If anything, she started it and I'm finishing it."

"It's gonna make me look weak, Harper! Like I can't stand up for myself! Look, I appreciate you wanting to do this for me, but I don't want you to." I stare at her, trying to read her face, but I can't tell anything. "Harper?"

"I don't know, Rose. Sorry I guess, but I'm just trying to help." She makes eye contact with me. "If you haven't forgotten, it's my bother who's also involved. He's part of this too, so I feel like I have every right to be as well."

"I know, Harper. You can interfere as you please, but it doesn't have to be about me. Say whatever shit you want, but I don't need you to stand up for me right now. Just say what you want to her, but don't bring up this little thing she did today."

She looks pissed. Not at the situation, but at me. "Then what the fuck do you want me to talk about?!"

"I don't fucking know! Just don't bring up the whole library thing! God, this just seems so stupid now! Just forget that happened today and if you go and talk to her, do not bring it up. If anything I will talk with her after I talk to Lucas. I don't want to deal with her in this moment. I need to talk to my ex first."

She shakes her head. "I need a minute." She gets up and heads to the bathroom.

I fall on my back. What the hell is going on?! Why is she so mad?! I can tell she's protective of me, but there comes a certain point. I'm not a baby who needs another person to take care of shit like that for me. I'll talk to her when I want, I don't need Harper getting involved.

I feel like she's in the wrong here. No means no.

She comes back into the room, sitting in the same spot from before.

"Rose?" I look over at her as she stares into my eyes. I nod at her. "I'm sorry, pretty. I overreacted and I'm sorry for yelling at you and not listening. If you don't want me to, I won't. I would never disobey your words like that, I hope you know. I'm also sorry for yelling at you because I know how upset you were and... I just made it worse. So please forgive me?"

I smile at her. "I forgive you, thank you."

She hugs me. "Thank you, thank you. I would hate for you to be mad at me still." She takes my face and kisses my forehead. "I feel so bad."

"It's alright, Harper. I promise." I reassure her.

"You sure?"

"Does this give you clarification?" I slowly lean in and kiss her. No hesitation at all. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore.

I crave her.
Im too attached.

We kiss slowly, hungry for each other. She moves her tongue across my bottom lip, I open up letting her in. We make out for what feels like forever and I don't want to do anything else.

"Harper? You in there?" I hear a boys voice. Fucking Lucas...

"Once sec!" She yells, after taking her tongue out of my mouth. "Go into my closet. I'll take care of this don't worry, pretty. Go." I jump up, but she grabs my arm and brings her lips to my ear and whispers. "We can definitely finish this later though." I roll my eyes playfully and go into her closet.

My legs are shaking, I feel like I'm going to throw up (I feel like I should get that checked out soon).
I hear the door open and I start to panic, as if he knows I'm in here.

Why is he here?! I thought he was out with friends! Whatever, this is reality.

"What do you want, pipsqueak?" Well, that's a new one. I hear the bed creek. "Get your nasty cheating ass off my bed."

"Harper, you can't be that mad at me." He sounds serious... is he serious?!

"The hell do you mean?!"

"Listen, I know you and Rose talk, but I'm your brother!"

"You're my brother and a fucking cheater. What's you're point?"

"Nothing, forget about it, I actually came here for advice." This can't be good.

I can basically hear Harpers eyes roll. "Oh great here we go."

"How would you feel if I brought Lilah over to meet the family?"

What the fuck did he just say?!