Bonus ~ Harpers Pov From Chapter 27

"She should be here in a few! I'm gonna clean up my room a little!" I yell to mom downstairs. Rose is supposed to be here soon and my room looks like a teenage boy has been living in it.

"Remember, I'm gonna leave as soon as she gets here and Lucas isn't coming back till late tonight!" She yells back and I smile. Rose and I will have the whole house to ourselves!

It's different now though because Rose and I have been together for exactly a week now. My life is so much better now that she's fully in it and that I get to call her mine. It just feels so right to be in love with her.

I rush into my room to get all of my clothes off the floor and throw all of my empty water bottles away. I would normally let them stay there for a little while longer, but Rose doesn't like messes and I wanna make her happy.

After putting the last sock away, I look around to make sure everything is okay before I sit on my bed.

There's a knock at my door. My heart races. Not because I'm nervous... well maybe. I still get nervous around her just because she's so beautiful and perfect and- "Harper?"

I snap out of my thought. "Come in, love!"

The door opens and a smile is plastered on my face. Fuck, I'm so in love with my girl.

She walks over to my bed and cuddles into me. She lays on top of me and nuzzles her face into my neck. My body heat instantly rises from just her touch.

"How are you doing?" I almost didn't ask her, considering what tomorrow is, but I felt bad because maybe she wanted to talk about it? Or maybe get something off her chest? I don't know.

Her chest rises and falls slowly on top mine. "I'm alright. I'm just not looking forward to tomorrow." My heart aches for her everytime she brings it up or everytime I think about it. She was so close with her mom, I could never imagine losing my mother at such a young age. I wish I could crawl into her body and take all of the sadness out of her because I hate seeing her like this.

Somehow, this is all I can manage to get out. "I know, baby. I'll be there the whole time."

She takes her face out of my neck and looks at me. I try to hide the smile on my face. "You don't have to stay the whole time. It's okay. It's a long time."

Is she serious? "I know it will make you happy and you're worth every second. Plus, I want to be there for you and your dad." I earn a little laugh from her as she straddles me. My hands are instantly glued to her waist as we stare at each other.

"I don't deserve you, Harper."

"I think it's the other way around." I move my head up a little and kiss her. I needed to feel her on my lips. "Do you wanna do anything today?"

"I think I just wanna chill. Maybe watch a Christmas movie, since it's finally December, bake, and shower?"

I raise my eyebrow at her as I realize what she added at the end. "I love how you threw in that last part."

She playfully hits my arm, which earns a smile from me. I love when she's like this. "Oh stop. You know you want to as well." She's not lying.

"I'm actually kinda glad you brought that up." Part of me was nervous to bring up the next part, but I already know she'll be excited about it. "I brought us a matching plaid pajama set! I think we should shower first."

"I'm surprised you wanna match and stuff. I don't see you as that type of girl." Rose is right, I'm not that type of girl, but I'd do anything to put one of those beautiful smiles on her face.

"Why wouldn't I wanna match with my girl?"

She gives me a quick smile. "Yeah yeah, let's go!" She jumps off my lap and runs into the bathroom. I shake my head and follow her.