Chaper 17

I wake up in the middle of the night to find Harper still under me.

She ended up saying, around nine, that she was gonna leave soon. I guess she never woke up and never left.

I look slightly over to see the clock. 1:43 am.

I look up at Harper, she's sound asleep. I smile at her as I admire her and she doesn't even know it.

It comes to me that my throat feels like the Sahara desert and I need water. I groan, trying to wiggle out of her embrace, but she pulls me in tighter and groans as well.

"Where are you going? Don't leave." She whispers, half asleep.

"I need water."

She groans again. "Fine, be quick." She lets me go and I go into the bathroom and put my head under the sink, filling the sensation in my body that needed water.

I walk back into the bedroom to find Harper asleep. I slowly crawl back into bed, feeling bad to wake her. So, I lay on my side on the other side of the bed. I feel my eyes shut but I'm awoken by hands wrapping around my waist.

"Why are you so far away, Rose? I want to hold you and touch you. I need your touch right now to sleep. Please, let me hold you just for tonight and after this, we don't have to talk about it. Please let me have this moment though." I nod at her words. Harper spoons me and I melt into her embrace. "You feel good in my arms."

I feel her soft breath on the back of my neck as she sleeps. I can't help but think about what's happening.

My ex's sister is spooning me in my bed.
And I'm not mad about it.

The morning sun shines on the wall across from me. As I awaken, I feel a pair of hands wrapped around my waist and my stomach is instantly filled with butterflies.

The things she does to me.

I look over at the clock, 10:36 am.
I twist over so I'm now facing her. Once I realize how close our faces are, I wonder if it's a bad idea.

All that fills my head is how perfect she is. I stare at all of her facial features, getting a good look at the girl who's holding me.

Her eyes flutter open and we make eye contact. She smiles and pulls me tighter into her. My head lands on her chest as she rolls on her back. She starts to rub my back as I feel myself at peace.

"Did you sleep okay, pretty?" She asks as she starts to play with my hair. I nod at her question. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright. Thanks for staying here with me, it means a lot." I whisper into her chest.

She laughs a little. "Anything for you. So, it's Sunday... wanna do something?"

"I don't feel like leaving the house."

"Who said we had to leave? We can do something here." I know she's smirking.

"Yeah, I guess. Wait, don't you think Lucas is wondering where-"

She stops rubbing my back and lifts up my chin. "Who gives a fuck what my brother thinks. He can wonder all he wants. I don't give a shit about him... not after what he did to you. I don't think I'll ever forgive him for hurting you, Rose."

"Okay." I put my head back onto her and try to calm my worries.

"And who cares if he finds out I'm here?!"

"Yeah." I nod. "I guess so."

"Alright? Don't worry, I'll take care of it and I'll take care of you." She takes a breath. "So, when do you plan on talking to him?"