Mantis x Shy Female Eclipsor Reader

Requested by MantisTheSicklewrath. Character also belongs to them. Sorry for this being a bit late. I was inactive due to personal reasons.

Your POV

Currently, I was flying to the Chaos castle. Why? Because I chosen to be a guard.

Last week, Medusa was looking for Eclipsors who could help in guarding the castle. She saw potential in me so she interviewed me first.

I think I screwed up the interview. Im always shy and nervous around others, especially the Queen of Chaos herself.

But somehow, I still got the job. So now, Im on my way to the castle. I heard I would be working with another guard.

As the familiar castle came into view, I looked around before landing in front of it. I wondered where the other guard was.

Then I heard tinkering. I quickly turn my head and see someone who seemed to be tampering with something. "U-um, hello?" I asked.

The person stopped what he was doing and looked at me. "Oh hey. Are you the new guard I'll be working with?" He replied.

But then I realized...

"SICKLEWRATH!" I shrieked as I got my bow ready and flew to the sky while aiming at the person.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Dude, chill." The person said while holding his hands up. "I work for Medusa and Marrowkai."

I hesitated but landed in front of the person. The person approached me but I still had my bow ready. "Im not a Sicklewrath." He said.

I didn't reply but looked at his sickle in his hands and the helmet that he wore. The sickle looked like it was burning with green fire and the helmet was made of jade and had 2 spikes on it.

Not to mention the person's glowing green eyes. "Im Mantis." The person said. "Im, Y-Y/N." I stuttered.

Mantis smiled and I only look away. "No need to be rude but, what are you? A Dead?" I questioned.

Mantis shook his head. "Nah. Im just a mantis that Medusa and Marrowkai kinda created." He answered.

I nodded. "Oh ok. We should, uh, get to guarding now." I told Mantis. Mantis scoffed. "Guarding this castle is a bit boring." He said before walking back to the thing he was tampering with.

Out of curiousity, I walked over to see what he was doing. I saw that he was messing around with the mechanical wings of an Albowtross.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Mantis looked at me. "Oh nothing." He shrugged. "Just trying to analyze these wings and see if I can make my own set of them."

I continue watching him work. But soon, I decide to do my job and start hovering around the castle. Mantis notices and also starts guarding the castle.

An awkward silence filled the atmosphere until I heard a sound approaching. I got ready my bow to shoot whoever was coming ny way.

But it was just 2 Crawlers fighting each other. I saw Mantis shoo them away. I chuckle to myself and continue guarding.

After a while, I started to get bored. I felt a bit tired for hovering in the same spot for so long.

But then I heard a battle cry. I look at Mantis and saw him in a fighting stance. Then, an arrow was shot in my direction.

I dodge it with ease and see that there was an Archidon shooting me and a Shadowrath fighting Mantis.

I shoot my own arrows at the Archidon before finally killing him. I look at Mantis below me and see that he was also doing pretty fine.

But when he killed the Shadowrath with his sickle, something weird happened. The Shadowrath turned into a zombie.

Not just a normal zombie. It looked green like emeralds. I look at Mantis unsurely. "Its fine! This is normal and safe. See." He then pokes the zombie and it didn't react.

I land beside Mantis and look at the Zombie. "Um, what did you do?" I asked. Mantis shrugged.

"Anything that dies to the fire of my sickle will turn into a zombie like this." He replied. "But don't worry, I control them."

I look at the zombie. "But hey! Now we have a new guard to help us." Mantis smiled as the zombie started pacing around the Chaos castle.

I then felt Mantis put his arm around my shoulders. "Ya know, Y/N, I think we make a pretty good team." He smiled at me.

"I-" I tried to say something but no words came out of me. Mantis just chuckled and patted my head before proceeding to guard the castle.

I blush as he walk away. I soon recover and take my position in the air again. Below me, Mantis was looking around while the zombie was still pacing.

Maybe this job won't be so bad after all.