Phantasm x Shy Female Enslaved Miner Reader

Character belongs to Slothsaber60

While writing this, I just noticed that the No Man's Land in Stick War is like the Nightwing Island in Wings of Fire.

Normal POV

You were currently in the fiery land known as No Man's Land, the home of the Giants and the Borderland Flamefeeders.

The Juggerknight guarding you while you were mining was trying to sleep, only waking up when lava would hit his feet.

You could care less about him and the only reason he was here was because Marrowkai was at a meeting with Medusa.

And you had no thoughts of escaping. Even if the Enslaved Miners were treated badly, the last one who tried to escape was petrified on the spot.

It was enough to take away all hope of escaping. So here you are, mining in a place that had a lava river flowing inches near you.

But the air here was smoky and dusty that you were having a hard time breathing. What was worse was that you were very tired.

You started coughing and woke up the Juggerknight. He growled at you. "Idiot, get back to work." He said.

You tried to continue but you collapsed and started coughing. The Juggerknight was about to hit you but he also started coughing.

"Fine. Take a break." He choked out as he was having a hard time breathing in the atmosphere of No Man's Land.

You panted and stop working first. The Juggerknight walked away to try to find clean air. You didn't bother to follow him.

You walked in a different direction to find air as well but to no avail. So you headed back to the gold mines.

When you got back, you expected the Juggerknight to be there but instead, you heard a munching sound.

You froze as you see something or someone on the gold you were mining. It looked like an Eclipsor but with magenta wings and tail. A trail of teal dust lingered at its wings.

You were scared and tried to walk away but after a few steps, the thing stopped what it was doing and looked at you with glowing magenta eyes.

Having no energy to run, you stare at the Eclipsor-like entity as it stared back at you. "A miner?" It asked as it approached you.

You didn't bother to move. You closed your eyes, expecting death to come to you. But instead, you felt wings brush against your chest.

You open your eyes and suddenly, the thing pulled you into its arms. You were shocked and tried to say something but it covered your mouth.

"Are you ok? Who did this to you? Why are you even in this place?" The winged person asked. It let go of your mouth to let you speak.

You stuttered your words and could not say anything because of your shock and fear. The thing then covered your mouth again.

"Im Phantasm. I live in an island nearby and I come here to eat gold and crystal." He said. "Who are you?"

Phantasm uncovered your mouth. "Y/N. Im an Enslaved Miner." You replied quietly. Phantasm looked at you with sympathy.

"You don't look so good. Why don't I take you to my place to heal you there?" He asked. You froze.

Take you to his place? As in, leave and escape? You were shocked and excited and eagerly nodded your head.

"Wow. Its like you don't want to be here." Phantasm said. "Yea, this job is torture." You muttered.

Just then, you heard a voice. "What in Inamorta is that?" You and Phantasm look and see the Juggerknight, who now held his axe.

"Are you the one who hurt this pretty lady?" Phantasm asked, making you blush. The Juggerknight rolled his eyes. "Yeah. So what?" He replied.

Phantasm then smiled in a playful yet murderous way. "Then get what you deserve." He said as he pushed a nearby boulder to the lava.

He flew up immediately to keep you out of the lava's splash but the Juggerknight failed to react on time.

He screamed as the lava hit him. Phantasm then started flying away with you in his hands. You tried to process what just happened.

"Its ok Y/N. We'll be at my island soon." He told you. "Where is your island?" You asked. He chuckled.

"Best you don't know for now." He answered. You nod and for once in your life, you smile. You smile because you're finally free from the Chaos Empire.

"Wait, when you called me pretty a while ago, did you mean it?" You questioned. Phantasm looked at you. "Yes, why?" He said. You blush and look away.

"Nothing." And that was the last thing you said before slowly falling asleep in Phantasm's arms.