♦️Chapter 5♦️

"WHERE WERE YOU!" 

Donghyuck just crept into his house for his mother to yell at him instantly. He dropped his bag by the porch before watching as his mother came into sight. 

"SO GOT AN EXPLANATION!" 

Donghyuck looked at his mother feeling the need to fight back knowing things would escalate from there if he did so. 

"None of your business!" Donghyuck yelled back knowing his mother was going to kill him and was ready to face the consequences.

"SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILD!" His mother yelled at him, going to smack him.

"Don't touch me!" Donghyuck yelled back catching the hand and trying to throw it away. 

Before Donghyuck could let go of his mother's arm, he felt someone slap the back of his head with something cold and hard. 

"Yell at your mother one more time!" His father was behind him and slapped his head with a remote controller the batteries coming out of the remote as that was done. 

Donghyuck turned around to see his father before falling on the floor, his head fuzzing up as his father hit him again. And again. And again.

♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️

It was already morning. Donghyuck felt the sun on his face as he was still by the door's entrance. It took time for him to realise he got beaten by his parents, again.

No surprise there though. He was just on the floor, feeling every ounce of his energy disappear, tasting the metallic taste of blood in his mouth knowing his father probably punched his face. 

The time was when school was meant to start, and if he didn't leave now he would be late but he already accepted it though, unbothered to put the energy in to get up.

Donghyuck eventually got off the floor, when he had the strength to do so, quickly getting a hoody on and walking to school while patching the busted lip he had. He was only just going to be late, but he still put the effort in knowing he had no choice.

On his way, he saw the black Rolls Royce Phantom just drive in. That meant Mark was in school and the last thing he wanted, was for Mark to torment him again.

"Nice to see you going into school late," Mark smirked when Donghyuck was just entering the school wrapping his hand around the younger's shoulder. 

"Go away, Mark. I have to get to my lesson." Donghyuck desperately said before feeling Mark push him against the locker-covered walls when they walked into the school. 

"Your secret is safe with me. I know it's been on your mind," Mark whispered into Donghyuck's ear, his raspy voice making Donghyuck flush again remembering what happened the day before.

"What happened to your lip?" Mark asked Donghyuck making the said boy frightened by the sudden question. 

"N-Nothing..." Donghyuck stuttered before attempting to escape but was stopped instantly by Mark when he held the boy by his hoody.

"If it was nothing then..." Mark touched the cut watching as Donghyuck winced a little. 

"Hm, must not hurt right?" Mark teased as Donghyuck his head turned away. 

The older in rage brought Donghyuck's head back knowing the boy was trying his best to cover up the pain he was feeling.

"If it doesn't... then I can do this." Mark moved closer to Donghyuck's lips.

It was so close to meeting that it looked like Mark was going to kiss him again like he did the day before. Probably because there was nobody around them and Mark was feeling confident. But a kiss was not what he got.