♦️Chapter 18!♦️

It had been a month since he was told about NCT. He ignored everything because there was no point in holding onto something so petty like his friends being part of a mafia. They were still his friends weren't they?

It was only summer break and the boy couldn't care much about the upcoming tests or graduation which was just around the corner. 

"Another great performance Haechanie!" Jungwoo squealed running up to that younger and hugging him.

"Mark must be licking his lips," Lucas added making the younger boy unconsciously flush a bright red at the thought. 

"Please stop Hyungs. You're too nice." Haechan chucked to the two. You could say Haechan was starting to fall for the Mafia Member Mark Lee.

He was told after his performance with Sun & Moon, Mark had been going to watch his performances. And only his. He didn't care about the stuff he did in the past cause the present was what he looked for.

"In all seriousness though, he better treat you well, or I will kill him." Lucas crossed his arms looking to Jungwoo who also nodded in agreement.

"What do you mean by treat-"

"LUCAS! YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT!" Taeyong interrupted as he rushed to Haechan and covered his ears like he was a kid listening to an adults topic

"What I thought Renjun told him?" Lucas questioned. Taeyong shook his head as he rubbed  his temples.

"He said he would later on today, has he still not done it?" Jungwoo asked a little disappointed in Renjun. The said boy soon appeared from his dressing room.

"I will now though," Renjun said as he pulled on Haechan's arm tightly back into his dressing room

"What are they talking about Renjun? That made no sense, what is Mark going to do? Is he going to kill me?" Haechan frantically asked.

The topic sounded like Mark was going to kill him. Renjun smiled widely as the younger panicked not knowing what is to happen for him ahead.

"We have a rule, if you are a dancer for 2 years, you have a partner and I don't know if you know but a lot of people have a partner or partners," Renjun smirked at Haechan.

"Your partner is Mark Lee." He said. He pocked the boy's chest as Haechan cocked his eyebrow. What the hell did he mean by partner?

"Now what does this stupid partner thing mean?" Haechan groaned. Did this mean he has to marry Mark or something?

Renjun's cheeks flushed pink, a little embraced at the thought of his partners and what they do. What they do has nothing to do with what the partners are supposed to do.

"Well, they protect us and we perform for them. I'm sure Mark will be great, maybe even rough. I have two because Jeno was first then Jaemin, now both."

Renjun giggled but noticed Haechan was seriously confused. He stared back at him with extreme confusion.

"What the fuck are you going on about mate?" He asked as his head spun from the weird information, he was fed.

"Let's say every dance is also supposed to give a helping hand to your partner who protects you from weirdos. Everyone does it: Yangyang, Ten, Winwin, Jungwoo and I do it; others are friends with Mark and Taeyong's parents. That's their excuse."

Haechan's eyes widened as he tried to understand what Renjun said. Was this anything to do with being in 'debt' to Mark?

Guessing yes it probably also had to do with the Mafia. He guessed the club cared about the performers and felt like they needed to be protected.