Chapter 3: Provocation

"Young Lady, Second Young Lady is here to see you."

Jing Zhe's face showed her worries, "To come at such a time. Young Lady's health is not well and one fears her catching the cold."

Gu Yu tugged at Jing Zhe's arm, but she also had a worried look.

Shen Jennie saw the worry in their eyes and sighed in her heart.

The four maids beside her were all personally selected and trained by Shen Xin and Shen Furen and were thus very clever and loyal. What kind of situation the Shen family was in, what intentions the Second and Third Households were hiding, her maids were able to deduce, but she was young and could not see

Before anything could be said, a young female walked in from outside. This female looked just over fifteen or sixteen and was clad in a pale pink, daisy patterned dress with a pleated skirt and her hair was combed to a fringed bun. Her complexion was fair and her brows and eyes were beautifully elegant. She had a thick atmosphere of an educated appearance and was dignified and decently conducted. Upon seeing Jennie, she quickened her steps to the bed and spoke anxiously, "Fifth Younger Sister, is your health better? After knowing that you had fallen into the water, I was worried for a long time, but Yu Jiao Courtyard's people said that you needed to rest and I dared not disturb you. Hearing that you were awake today, I then dared to come over."

Jennie looked at the young female in front. It was Shen Yue from the Third Household of the Shen family.

There were three Di daughters of the Shen family. Shen Qing was easy-going and magnanimous, Shen Yue was famous for her talents, while it was only Jennie who had a disposition like a wooden block and lacked talent. Outsiders usually praised her as 'virtuous and quiet' but in fact they knew that there was no merit to it and that she was a daughter that could not be shown in public.

Previously, before Jennie was married off, she had the best relationship with Shen Yue. Shen Yue had a gentle temperament and could come up with ideas for Jennie many times. It was just that, at the beginning, Jennie was unable to see if the intention was good or bad and was blindly grateful to this person for her help and dedication.

For Shen Yue to come at this time, it was most likely to plead for Shen Qing.

As expected, Shen Yue opened her mouth and said, "Fifth Younger Sister, Eldest Sister made a slip and erred. Since the matter had come to this point, one hoped that Fifth Younger Sister would be able to forgive her this time. Hearing that Fifth Sister had a fever, Eldest Sister was so remorseful. Since Fifth Sister's injuries are better, why not spare Eldest Sister this time? She did not deliberately let you make a fool out of yourself in front of His Highness Prince Ding."

It would still have been alright if that sentence was not spoken, but she had to mention Prince Ding in front of Jennie. Everyone knew that Prince Ding was Jennie's beloved. Jennie had the temperament to take grievances made onto her except for when it came to Prince Ding, then she would definitely not retreat a step back. If Prince Ding was not mentioned, in all likelihood Jennie would let the matter rest, but this time Shen Yue deliberately mentioned him. If she was not provoking a dispute between her and Shen Qing, what else could it be?

In the last lifetime, it was also the same. She only just woke up when Shen Yue quickly rushed over to 'plead' for Shen Qing and this plea agitated Jennie. The person with a normally agreeable nature then accused Shen Qing of pushing her into the water before her sweetheart in front of Old Furen . But Shen Qing did not admit to it and the people nearby did not see Shen Qing pushing Jennie. Old Furen had always been biased towards the Second and Third household and naturally gave her a lesson of 'not knowing how to cherish one's good name due to one's young age yet still accused one's elder Di sister' and confined her as punishment.