Chapter 58: Bodyguard

"This Young Lady..." Yoongi was slightly stunned as he frowned while looking at the young female in front.

He knew that there were wealthy families that would not treat human lives as lives and would buy a servant like buying common livestock. At this moment this young female's intention was most likely that she viewed him as a servant and a sense of displeasure formed in his heart. But after seeing the other person's eyes, that displeasure was like a fog that instantly dissipated.

When he saw this other person's eyes, they were not arrogant or filled with disdain, but there were in them a touch of gratitude and respect which made him unable to guess. He unconsciously blurted out, "Has this Young Lady seen this subject somewhere before?"

Jennie lightly sighed, "No."

"Then why..."

"This person's brows are upright and have an extraordinary bearing, naturally is a person with favourable luck. But at this moment one would need to sell off one's precious sword that had accompanied for many years so one was obviously at the end of the route. You are in dire straits and in an urgent need of money but if one were to give you the money, it would still not solve future problems. I as a Di daughter of the Formidable Great General would be able to introduce you to my father upon his return to the capital at the end of the year. With one's good martial arts skills, it would be a pity if it was buried."

"General Shen?" Soobin was suddenly surprised. He totally did not think that the young female in front of him would actually be Shen Xin's daughter. Shen Xin's reputation in Ming Qi was something everyone knew since he was the center stone of the battlefield. Males wanted accomplishments. If one were to follow this kind of general... Yoongi felt as if the blood that was flowing in his body got much hotter.

It is just... According to the rumours in the capital, Jennie was an idiot and even though there was restoration in the Chrysanthemum banquet, but the people who saw it were still very little. At this moment when one see it, the rumours were not necessarily true.

"If Young Lady is truly willing to recommend this subject, then this subject would naturally not decline. If there is an opportunity in the future, one would definitely return deep gratitude till death." Yoongi also had a straightforward and magnanimous temperament thus he would not shake off this opportunity.

Seeing this scenario, Jennie smile lightly and took a silver tael out from her sleeve and threw it to Yoongi. She said, "I do not need your deep gratitude till death and only treat it as if you have sold your body of martial arts skills to me. Father will only return when the year ends so in this period you would have to follow me back to the Shen residence. I would pretend to make you a guard in Shen residence but you must secretly protect me."

When this words were heard by Yoongi, he naturally was somewhat surprised. Yoongi had also heard that in the large family, on the surface it looked like bouquets of flowers and piles of brocades but privately there would be endless schemes and tricks. Seeing Jennie even mentioning about protection, he knew that the young female was not as comfortable as she looked like in the Shen residence. There was some shock in Yoongi's heart since Jennie was Shen Xin's daughter, why would the situation be difficult? But because he had a calm temperament, he did not question but only said, "Would follow Young Lady's instruction."

"Take this money first to settle the emergency." Jennie continued, "Once your matter is completed, you must come to the Shen residence within three days. I will naturally arrange your position."

Yoongi once again cupped one fist in the other hand. He had a strong air of the pugilist world and it was only when he left that Marie and Alexia frowned. Alexia said, "Young Lady, this person's background is unknown and if he has bad intentions, when he enters the Shen residence, one is afraid..."