Chapter 57: Officer Mo Qing

After class, Shen Yue walked to Jennie and smiled as she said, "Today Young Lady Yi has invited Eldest Sister and me to her residence, so we will not be heading back with you. Fifth Younger Sister, you should go back first."

Yi Pei Lan and Shen Yue were naturally close with one another and would often send an invitation to them but excluded only Jennie. It was so common that it was nothing out of the ordinary. Hearing that, Jennie did not have any reaction and only made a sound of agreement.

These recent days the Shen family's attitude towards Jennie was extremely warm and lively, most likely because they already had a play in mind. Jennie was also too lazy to care about them now that there were matters of vital importance and naturally not these kind of trivial stuffs.

Upon returning in the horse carriage, it must pass through the most prosperous street of Ding capital. Marie said, "Gui Hua Fang is in front. Does not Young Lady like the pastry from there the best? This servant will go and buy some back."

"Go then." Jennie said with a smile.

After Marie got off the carriage, Alexia opened the carriage's curtain to look out and made a sound of surprise after looking at a certain area. Jennie looked towards the direction of her gaze and saw that the horse carriage stopped at the side of Gui Hua Fang, in front of a pawn shop. At the moment there was a crowd of people who seemed to be arguing about something.

The worker from the pawn shop show signs of impatience and even his voice could be heard clearly by Jennie, "I Already said that it will be twelve gold coins, if you want to sell or not! It is just a sword, this gentleman better not trouble us."

"It seems that Shopkeeper Yu is not able to do business." Alexia said.

Jennie had seen it through. A pawn shop was a business and naturally it would push the price down a little and obviously this would make the person who came to pawn their items, unable to accept the prices but still unwilling to leave. Thus turning into a deadlock situation.

"There is nothing worth to look at." Seeing that Jennie's gaze moved, Alexia put the curtain down. After a short moment, Marie carried a large paper bag back and Alexia opened the curtain to let her in. During the short time during the opening of the curtain, Jennie's gaze landed outside the carriage and saw that the person who was arguing with the pawn shop's worker, turned around and walked out from the crowd and he had a sword in his arms. Most likely he did not make the transaction and was disappointed.

When Marie boarded the carriage, she wanted to close the carriage's curtain but it was stopped by Jennie as she was staring attentively at the person who was carrying the sword. It was a young man and his attire was also common like his looks. Seeing their Young Lady staring at this unfamiliar male, Marie and Alexia were unable to make head or tail of it.

Jennie frowned. Why was this person so familiar?

That young man shook his head and sighed before looking deeply at the sword in his embrace. He clenched his teeth and turned to head towards the pawn shop, seemingly he finally decided to make this unsatisfying transaction.

"Marie!" Just at the moment when he turned, Jennie suddenly shouted, "Go down and stop him. Tell him that I want that sword of his!

"Young Lady..." Alexia and Marie looked at her in surprised. They really did not know why did Jennie did this for.

"Quickly!" Jennie coldly said.

Seeing her serious look, Marie did not dare to ask more and immediately jumped off the carriage and headed towards that young person.