Chapter 45: My Turn

"I am here. Do you dare to kill?"

Cai Lin looked at the young female opposite him like it was the first time, with eyes full of disbelief.

He was already accustomed to Oak Wood Academy and was spoilt as he grew up to almost the point that he could walk sideways. With regards to Jennie, he only wanted to teach her a lesson today. Who knew that not only was Jennie not afraid but to even go against him? To even say these kind of words at this moment, the one who would prevail would definitely be him.

Cai Lin, do you dare?

Not to mention if he had the guts, even if he dared, could he? The Young Master of the Cai family could do things in a moment of emotions, but how about the Cai family? If Jennie was really killed by him today, not to mention about paying a life with a life, there exist a possibility that Shen Xin would cut down every single person in the Cai family before apologising.

Furthermore, he did not dare to do so.

He was one who could show off with some smart words but had not entered a battle before, so much so that he has never drawn any blood before. His archery was certainly very good but the targets were always fruits or animals and never people.

But now how would there be a reason to withdraw? Jennie, a female, was not afraid, if he, a dignified man, withdrew then most likely he would have no face to step out of his residence at all.

Thinking of that, Cai Lin arrogantly said, "As what you say, whatever skills can be seen in the archery arena. You speak happily now but who knows if you would be so frightened that you pee yourself." His words were extremely rude, one did not know if it was said to cover up his own dismay. The calmer Jennie was, the more unsettled he became and he somehow wanted to see his opponent's panic as it seemed to calm his own heart down. Therefore, he hoped that his words would make Jennie feel embarrassed.

For an ordinary lady, if a male would speak that ruthlessly, one would naturally feel shame and fidget in embarrassment or most probably cry in a fit. But when Jennie heard him, she only shot a glance at him and that peaceful manner made Cai Lin feel that it was all his willfulness.

He was also somewhat baffled and suspected that he himself was somewhat muddled. How could he feel a guilty conscience when facing Jennie, this idiot?

Jennie had already gone to the examiner to get the fruit. That fruit was as big as an adult fist and it was square shaped at the bottom while its top was round. Jennie stood at the utmost east side of the stage and placed the fruit on top of her head.

The arena started to gradually liven up.

"At this moment she must be forcefully keeping herself calm but is actually frightened out of her gall." Yi Pei Lan smiled as she said, "I really cannot wait to see her so scared that her tears and mucus flows."

"Ever since Ming Qi examinations were established, there was never a time that a female would be challenged by a male in a military topic." Jiang Xiao Xuan stuck her finger up and crooked her head, "Shen Jennie can be considered the first. But to be made a fool in front of everyone, it would be terrible just thinking about it."

"Aiyo. Why is Fifth Lady still standing up in front? What if the Young Master Cai misses?" Ren Wan Yun said. She felt some predicament in her heart. If something really happened to Jennie, no matter how well Shen Xin treated the Shen family, he would also not let her off the hook.

"What is Second Sao worried about?" Chen Rou Qiu lightly said, "Anyways everything is just kids playing around. The Young Master of Cai family is not a child who does not know anything. As long as Fifth Lady soften up and ask for mercy, naturally he would not make things difficult for her. Now one can only hope that Fifth Lady would not fight back in a moment of anger."