Chapter 49 - Shen Jennie is truly a General's daughter

In the silence, the fruit's appearance was like the largest sarcasm that was reflected on Cai Lin's scratched face filled with fearful tears, as he look at Jennie standing still, full of indifference.

She kept the bow and bent over to pick up the fallen fruit before looking at Cai Lin and laughed, "You have lost."

She originally looked delicate and from the beginning to the end was overly quiet that made others ignore her age. Now with a laugh, there were traces of naivety in her looks. Everyone looked carefully and felt that even if she was stupid in the beginning, she was not anymore. This little young lady actually looked bright and there were traces of gracefulness in her beauty.

Cai Lin could not say a single word, and there were traces of blood still on his face that have not been wiped away. The tears that trickled down were mixed with those blood traces, making his entire face red and looking like a sorry figure. At that moment he did not cared about any reputation and just looked at Jennie, with eyes full of fear.

Jennie's brows raised, it seemed that he finally knew what was fear. It is good that he was afraid. Killing the chicken to warn the monkeys, in the future all these snakes, worms, rats and insects around her would then know not to go beyond their boundaries.

The servants supported Cai Lin, whose legs were scared weak, down the stage. The responsible examiner walked over to Jennie's side and asked in surprise as he saw the fruit that the arrow pierced through, "Young Lady Shen practiced archery in the past?"

Not only the aim was good and the strength to pull the bow needed to be constant. Jennie, a delicate and pretty young lady, could pull it off so skillfully and that last shot, everyone could clearly see that Cai Lin fell down scared, whereas Jennie was still able to shoot the fruit even in the situation when Cai Lin was moving. This was something that was surprising.

Practice before?Jennie slightly tilted her head and got caught up with her thoughts.

That was during her first year as a hostage in Qin country. The Imperial family of Qin, regardless if it was the princesses or prince all loved to humiliate her, and seeing her an Empress suffering such insults, was an extremely interesting thing. Unfortunately she could not get angry about it as at that time Qin country was lending troops to Ming Qi.

Those princesses and prince invented a new way of playing, and it was like the rules that Cai Lin set in the academy examinations. Changing it to humans to hold the fruit. When she was wearing the target, they would deliberately mess up her hair or destroy her clothes with the arrows and even 'occasionally' injure her arms, neck or likewise. And she could only endure it.

At that time, she would always be in her own house every night carefully erecting a target and practicing hard. She imagined those people who had harmed her before as targets and with her serious practice and effort, she was able to shoot with unfailing accuracy.

But during the day when it was her turn to shot, she would still deliberately miss it or pretend to be unable to pull the bow apart. There was no choice as she was staying in another house and she needed to lower her head. She had to survive to return to Ming Qi in order to meet Wan Yu and Fu Ming.

That kind of hard work lasted for an entire year. Now that Cai Lin mentioned it, it suddenly made her return to those days of humiliation. Now there was no one else that has a handle on her, so naturally she could kill if she wanted and shoot if she wanted. Not being restricted in living, whoever that provoked her, she would get back to them viciously. The Cai family dared to speak about Shen Xin, she will make them shut their mouth in fear!

This was then what she should have done.

She smiled slightly, "Had seen Eldest Brother practice diligently in the courtyard. After seeing so many times, one would follow suit and did not think that one would succeed with a lucky stroke."