Chapter 39: Provoking

When Jennie exited the plum blossom forest, Marie and Alexia felt finally relieved. Alexia took a peek inside and did not saw any figure and thus asked doubtfully, "Why is there no one?"

Jennie also took a glance back. The leaves of the forest were lush and gently swaying with the wind. How could anyone see any figure? Kim Taehyung was someone who practices martial arts and most probably could disappear by flying away.

She said, "Let's leave."

When they were back in the banquet, Rose ran over in a rush and complained, "Didn't we agree for you to wait for me? Just a turn of the head and one was unable to see anyone. Upon returning, you were also not here. Where exactly did you go?"

"Seeing that the Chrysanthemum blossomed well, I casually walked around." Jennie raised her eyes and looked towards the stage, "Has it started?"

"You were gone for a long time. The choosing portion for the male groups was over." Rose's lips curled, "Now it is the male group turn for the selecting portion."

The youths on stage were in the midst of competing. The first round of 'drawing lots' were over but Jennie did not care of the results. The second round was 'selection', which was to select the areas that one was good at.

Jennie's eyes fell on the other far left side of the banquet, at the aqua green clad youth.

This youth was fit, dark and his facial features were not bad. It was only that his overly sturdy stature made him look rough. And even so he still chose to wear green robes, making his complexion to appear even darker. Not only that, he still combed his hair up and binded it with a jade bamboo hairpin. Most likely he was trying to follow the example of a gentleman but because he also wanted an appearance of wealth, his semblance was somewhat nondescript. In a nutshell, although he wanted to look distinguished but because of him trying to imitate someone else, he failed to gain the desired effect and looked tacky.

This was Gao Hoseok of the Historian Adviser Jing's family. Gao Hoseok was still young this year, not surpassing sixteen and his feathers were not even grown. Until after Fu Jong Kai ascended to the throne and because Gao Hoseok rode on Gao Jing's wind as the latter's status rose, he would act tyrannically in the Ding capital and was extremely bold to even dare to covet after Wan Yu.

As long as she thought about Wan Yu who would suffer Gao Hoseok's words of provocation, Jennie would become furious. She stared at Gao Hoseok as if she was watching a prey walking into a trap.

At that moment Gao Hoseok thought about something and talked to Gao Jing with a look of joy on his face.

He was naturally happy as he had obtained such a unique worded essay since during the 'drawing lots' he had picked righteousness which resulted in a mediocre performance. He waited for the 'selection' to bring out this essay and then he would be able to startle the entire audience.

Jennie sneered in her heart. Go then, take this essay and go to Fu Jong Kai's side then! Enter officialdom before Gao Jing make progress in his career. She believed that with Gao Hoseok's high level of means and methods, he would be able to personal and single-handedly annihilate Historian Adviser Jing's residence.

This was the big gift she was giving to Historian Adviser Jing.

As for Pei Namjoon, she turned and looked at the man clad in a green robe sitting near Fu Jong Kai. From now in this lifetime, you will start to slowly repay me for your past debts!

"Shen Jennie, after the male groups are done, it would be the female group's 'selection'. What will you choose?"

"I will not." Jennie answered.