Chapter 9: Pei Namjoon

A young male in his early twenties walked in from the outside. He wore light robes and his features were straight. Even though his stature was slightly weak, one could tell that he was what a gentleman should look like. He walked in and praised, "That was said well. There is also dignity in love and it should not be something to be mocked. Even though Oak Wood Academy is a place for learning, it is also a place to practice one's virtue."

Not one of the students uttered a single word.

Jennie looked closely at that young man.

Pei Namjoon, an accounting teacher at Oak Wood Academy. He had both integrity and talent and was the only person in Oak Wood Academy that could teach accounting. Pei Namjoon had a gentle temperament and was patient. When compared to other strict teachers, he was more worthy of the respect of the students. Even Jennie, who was at the end of the spectrum, was never scolded by Pei Namjoon as he would patiently and repeatedly explain.

If that was the case, then this person was a good teacher. His moral character and talents were one in tens of thousands, but unfortunately Jennie also knew his other identity.

Fu Jong Kai relied heavily on his aids and advisors and when Fu Jong Kai ascended to the throne, he conferred him the title of National Preceptor. National Preceptor Namjoon was proud of his success, only beneath one person and above tens of thousands.

As a National Preceptor, he really did well. Jennie thought that Pei Namjoon was an intelligent and upright person, however, during the time when the Crown Prince was deposed, he was silent.

Shen Jennie's and Pei Namjoon's private friendship could be considered good. At the beginning, the proposal of Jennie going to the Qin country to be a hostage was brought up by Namjoon. Namjoon had said, "This is for the sake of the Empire. If Your Ladyship is willing to go, it would resolve His Majesty's desperate situation. In the future, there will be the Empress's shadow all over the country and everyone will appreciate the grace of Your Ladyship."

But in fact, when she returned to the Palace after five years, there was an additional Mei Furen in the Inner Palace and Namjoon's people who previously respected her began to have precautions against her instead.

When the Crown Prince was abolished, Shen Jennie went down to her knees to beg Namjoon because Namjoon was Fu Jong Kai's trusted aide and when Namjoon spoke, Fu Jong Kai would definitely listen to his views. But Namjoon supported her up and said to her, "Your Ladyship, this official is also powerless on matters that His Majesty has decided."

"Pei Namjoon! Could it be that you will watch as the Crown Prince is abolished? You are fully aware that the matter of the abolishment of the Crown Prince cannot proceed!" She was extremely furious as she questioned him aggressively.

"This is already ultimately inevitable. Your Ladyship should resign to one's fate." Namjoon said with a sigh.

Resign to one's fate.

How could one resign to fate? If there was a chance to repeat and one still needed to resign to fate, wouldn't it be too lamentable and hateful?

Shen Jennie's eyes focused on the young man in front. He was straightforward, upright, and had a gentle temperament but was also callous and cold-hearted and could see one's death without helping. As an official, everything was done for the sake of the country, and Pei Namjoon was a loyal official. But... As long as he stood by Fu Jong Kai's side, he would be opposing her endlessly in this life!

At this current period, Fu Jong Kai should not have subdued Pei Namjoon, so was there a possibility of pulling Namjoon to her side before that happened? Or just simply... Nip him in the bud (basically kill him).