Chapter 59 & 60

Chapter 59: Wu Long Temple

Earlier than Jennie had expected, on the second day Mo Qing came to the Shen residence to be a guard. Jennie had Shuang Jiang bribe the housekeeper beforehand and they only knew he was a far away cousin of Shuang Jiang. Because the guards were divided by a number of ranks, Mo Qing could only become a guard at the outermost side thus there were not much conditions for him to stay.

Time passed very quickly and soon it was three days later.

In the morning of the third day, Ren Wan Yun arranged everything appropriately and let the maid by her side, Xiang Lan, to go to Jennie to settle some arrangements. Before leaving, everyone went to Rong Jing Tang.

Old Shen Furen said some words solemnly, the summary of it was to ensure everyone would behave properly. On normal days one would not go to Wo Long Temple to burn incense because Wo Long Temple was located in a remote area. Even though it was a famous place, the incense was not as thick as of those who were located nearer to the city. But no one knew for what reason this time it had to be so far away.

Shen Qing appeared to be filled with joy as she spoke about how she would definitely pray for Old Shen Furen and Shen Yuan Bo to Buddha. Old Shen Furen heard that it was for her and her attitude towards Shen Qing softened up much more.

In this journey, there was also some guards that were brought along to protect the safety of the Shen residence's Young Ladies. Jennie stood in front of the horse carriage but remained motionless. Ren Wan Yun saw it and asked with a frown, "Why is Fifth Lady not moving?"

"Just felt that the list of guards is short. To prevent any accident, Second Shen may wish to bring a few more guards along." Jennie said.

Ren Wan Yun frowned. She did not expected that Jennie would raise this issue at this time. But everything was already arranged so Ren Wan Yun smiled, "Fifth Lady, the people we are bringing are truly a lot. One cannot just bring along all the guards in Shen residence. When the number of people is too large, it would become inconvenient to just remain as it is."

But Jennie was insistent and kept shaking her head.

When Shen Yue and Shen Qing saw it, Shen Yue did not say anything but Shen Qing was unpleased and followed up with words, "Our Shen residence is not the Imperial family, just how big an entourage does Fifth Younger Sister want? When Eldest Bo goes out, he is not as picky as this."

Once again, she brought up Shen Xin name to talk. When she finished talking, Jennie took a glance at her. That one glance was flutteringly light but it made Shen Qing suddenly felt cold throughout her entire body.

"Just add two more." Jennie lifted her hands and pointed at the two guards by the door, "Just them would be fine."

Seeing that Jennie did not bring many and only wanted to increase it by two headcount, Ren Wan Yun was relieved as she did not want to delay too much time on this matter. Two more people would not affect the overall situation. However, Ren Wan Yun put on a face full of difficulty and said, "Fifth Lady, you are really... Never mind, when have Second Shen not consent to your words. Up to you then." She instructed Xiang Lan, who was beside her, "Go and call those two servants over there to follow us out of the city."