Chapter 23: Preparations Before the Banquet

The Chrysanthemum banquet in the sixty-eighth year of Ming Qi eventually came.

Oak Wood Academy was different than before as the academy examination became a contention of talents. Only the person with the highest talent would be able to stand on the stage to challenge their fellow schoolmates. This would enable the youths to be infused with vitality and for others to see that the students of Oak Wood Academy each had their own merits.

Both the male and female students would be on the same stage and not like the past where it was generally divided into groups of male and females. If one like, a female can challenge the male in horse riding and shooting and males would also challenge the female's four scholarly arts. However, such scenes were quite rare.

Early in the morning, the Shen residence was in abuzz. In the West courtyard, Alexia carefully inserted the silver hairpin into her hair and smiled, "Young Lady, it is done."

Alexia was the best in styling one's hair. Previously Shen Yue wanted her over at her side to style her hair but Alexia was a maid that Shen Fu Ren personally picked for Jennie and Alexia was not willing, thus Shen Yue had no way out.

"Young Lady really look extremely good in this outfit." Marie smiled as she look but then said with some hesitation, "But it is a little plain around the head area."

Jennie's hair was very black and thick and with Shuang Jiang styling it to a cloud bun, it looked elegant and chic. Even after fifteen, Jenniestill put her hair up in a pair of looping topknots thus with this change of style, it seemed that she had grown up a lot. That round adorable face seemed far more graceful and there was finally a hint of a young lady.

There was just a silver hairpin inserted lonely in her hairstyle, which looked quite pitiful.

Gu Yu could not help but to show some anger on her face. The Shen residence was great and renowned, however it did not have even a decent set of jewelry. The entire Shen residence all depended on Shen Xin but did those cruel and unscrupulous thing. Unfortunately Jennie was unable to say anything. Why? Because they were the one who custom made it for Jennie and it was just vulgar gold jewelry that if one were to wear, it would be a joke.

Jennie only had to glance at Marie to be able to guess what Marie was thinking and could not help but to shake her head. In fact, since young, the Second and Third Household of Shen family had crack their brains in order for her to develop bad habits and did everything possible for her to believe that these gold pieces were the best. Thus from the public, it was not that the Second or Third Household that deliberately embarrassed the daughter of the First Household but because that person originally love such shiny gold!

Seeing Jennie not getting tired in wearing those exaggerated jewelry, everyone would reach to a common thought that the Di daughter of First Household of Shen residence was greedy, love wealth and was snobbish.

Even though gold was good, but there was no need to wear in on one's body.

Marie was afraid that Jennie would feel sad and quickly changed her words, "But Alexia's skills are truly really good. Young Lady looks really beautiful."

They did not know if Li Liang pitied Shen Miao from her bottom of her heart but this set of clothes that Li Liang brought over was surprisingly exquisite embroidered. It took into account that her small appearance and even though the green colour was somewhat solemn, there were large embroidered flowers at the hem of the dress which was so lifelike, beautifully blooming. It was indeed beautiful.

Jennie also felt that it was fitting to her body and did not feel or look any bit of discomfort.

Alexia and Marie exchanged a look and saw surprise in one another's eyes. Currently Jennie could even restrain such a heavy colour like this. They really did not know how this was the case.