Chapter 10: Little Kim Marquis

Oak Wood academy's examinations were held every year during the tenth month.

The academy examinations were a test for every student in the academy, especially for the outstanding students who would be showcasing their talents. Most importantly, that day there would be many high ranking officials watching and princes looking from the side. If there were any good students, perhaps career opportunities would be available.

In short, one would show off one's talent for others to see in order to be famous. This was why in every academy examination, everyone would use all their energy and effort to achieve titles.

In grade two, Shen Yue's talent was the most extensive and she would always stand above the crowd during the academy examinations. Although Shen Qing was not as good as Shen Yue in terms of poetry, her calculation skills were among the best and she would usually get a few top rankings.

If one were to talk about those lacking accomplishment, the one at the bottom would be Shen Jennie. She did not know any of the four scholarly arts and her arithmetic was the worst. In every academy examination, she would always embarrass herself. Not to mention showcasing her talents, it would be very hard to even pass the tests. The Shen Jennie in the past lifetime was most afraid of the yearly academy examinations as she could see Shen Yue and Shen Qing being proud of their success while she could only be very envious in her heart.

Now when she looked, she only felt that it was merely jealousy amongst kids. What kind of battle had she not seen before, the academy examinations were really nothing in her eyes.

She peered at Rose and said, "What about academy examinations? I never thought of fighting for whatever top or bottom ranking. What is there to contend for?"

Feng Rose was slightly surprised as she did not think that Shen Jennie would be so magnanimous to say the truth of the matter. She looked carefully at Shen Jennie and asked, "You must have hurt a lot, else there would not be such a great change in temperament, right?"

Shen Jennie seemed to have a personality change overnight from a dull person to a magnanimous and confident person. It was not a manner one should have at this age. Because they were sitting at the same table, this change in temperament was even more obvious.

"Yes." Shen Jennie smiled and no longer said anything more.

Perhaps because of the age of the young females, their instinct was to either respect or envy others who were more mature than themselves. Jennie's gestures turned Rose's attitude towards her imperceptibly better.

After the accounting lessons were completed, the students headed to the garden outside Oak Wood academy to play. The females were all in the academy playing chess or discussing new poetry until they heard the sound of a horse passing.

"What is that?" One of the students turned her head over.

"Let's go outside and take a look at what it is," Jiang Cai Xuan proposed as she pulled Shen Yue up.

Jennie had no intention of joining in the fun. It was Rose who turned back after taking two steps and grabbed Jennie's hands after thinking for a bit, "Lets' go and see!"

Jennie was somewhat surprised as Rose usually didn't like her so she wouldn't display such an intimate move. She was puzzled but she was already being dragged out of the academy by Rose.

There were many students standing outside by the door chatting. When they saw Rose pulling Jennie over, they all wore a surprised look. Shen Yue's eyes flashed imperceptibly but she did not make a sound. It was Shen Qing who saw it and scoffed. Ever since she realised that Jennie was also in love with Prince Kai, she no longer bothered to hide her disdain or put up any pretence.