Chapter 62: Uninvited Guest

The skies gradually darkened and in the temple, the monk hit the last bell of the day as the skies thickened. The rain fell onto the trees, emitting the fragrant soil smell...

Shen Yue sat in front of the table and placed the pages down. She rubbed her eyes, tired. The maids beside asked, "Does Young Lady want to rest?"

Shen Yue did not say anything. She opened the window and the room next door was Shen Qing's. Shen Qing's room was not far from her and at this moment was lighted up.

"Second Young Lady want to sleep together with Eldest Young Lady?" The maid hesitantly asked.

"No." Shen Yue turned with some disgust, "Go to the courtyard door and close it."

At the other end, Shen Qing was in the room fiddling with some toys and yawned lazily. She took a look outside, "It is already this late..." She got up, "It is good to rest."

When she passed the table, she suddenly saw there was a unique shaped incense burner and there were also incense nearby. Shen Qing picked it up and smelled it and felt that was a clear fragrance, she said, "Also light up this incense."

After another short moment, the lights in the room were extinguished.

Everything was attributed to the silence. As the night fell on the ancient temple in the mountain, other than the birds tweeting and the bugs sleeping, there was only the rain hitting the roof tiles and the crisp sounds of the rain dripping down from the tiles to the stone floor.

In the silence at the deepest room of the North pavilion, even the candles were quietly extinguished.

It seemed that there was someone's footsteps gently passing in the dark and if there was someone who did walk by, one would be able to see a purple clad young female sitting at the table by the window. Her complexion was clear and there was no expression on her face. There existed only a pair of eyes that were so clear that the night could not cover them, as if it was a hunting animal that was in close pursuit of its oncoming prey.

The tiles above their heads seems to have made a rustling sound, making both Marie and Alexia, who were standing behind Jennie, to raise their heads up as they nervously protected the person in front of the table.

After a moment, a tiny 'meow' was heard from the window outside.

Both of them gave a sigh of relief at the same time.

Not waiting for them to catch their breath, they heard a burst of rapid footsteps. Even though the sounds were light, they were exceptionally clear to the three of them who were not asleep. Afterwards the window was opened and a figure jumped in.

"Young Lady, it is Mo Yoongi." That person whispered.

It was then when Alexia and Marie were finally relieved. Marie lit a thin candle as she was afraid that the light could be seen from outside. Upon first glance, she was shocked as she saw Yoongi was carrying someone on his back and that person happened to be Shen Qing.