Chapter 82: Buying and Selling (Part 1,2 & 3)

"A young lady from the Shen family who goes by the name of Shen looked rather good. She is most likely a member of the Shen family," Ji Yu Shu scratched his head. "But she's quite fierce and completely ignores my magnificence."

His words fell like a stone, creating an awkward silence in the tea room. After a moment, Hoseok smiled and turned to Taehyung, "I think I know who she is. That young lady from the Shen family seems quite formidable." His smile was warm, but his tone carried a hint of sarcasm.

"In fact, I found it strange too." Ji Yu Shu shuddered before scratching his head again. "When she came over, I observed carefully, and it seemed like it wasn't her first time doing business with Bai Xiao Sheng. I asked Hong Ling, and she hadn't seen her before. Our line of business has always been secretive, known to only a few families in Ding capital. How did she find out?"

"This young lady is no simpleton," Hoseok mused. "I used to think the Shen family in Ding capital was filled with fools who would eventually be swallowed up. But it seems there's more to it than meets the eye." He glanced at Taehyung, who appeared lost in thought, and asked, "What's your take on this?"

Taehyung raised his head and looked at Ji Yu Shu. "Did you agree to her conditions?"

"A matter this significant requires our discussion," Ji Yu Shu replied with a mouthful of pastries. "But I believe the Shen family is influential, and their military power is substantial. If what that young lady from the Shen family said is true, it would make things much easier when Third Brother plans. She doesn't realize that Feng Xian Pawnshop is actually Third Brother's secret business."

"When a sandpiper and a clam are locked in a fight, it's to the advantage of the fisherman," Taehyung added. "That Shen young lady probably doesn't know that her commitment will ultimately benefit me. But we can't blame her; even Hong Ling, who has managed the business for years, doesn't know the powerful connections behind us."

"Even so," Hoseok pondered, "the stakes are quite high. Creating the news she wants might attract the Imperial family's attention if not handled carefully. We've always been discreet, and any mistakes could be costly. Adding one more Shen family to the mix isn't that tempting."

"What you say has merit," Ji Yu Shu nodded, looking at Taehyung. "But, in the end, the decision rests with Third Brother."

"You should agree to her conditions," Taehyung stated.

Hoseok frowned, asking, "Why such a hasty decision?"

"Since the Shen family has become a variable, it doesn't mean they have no role in the future. Using them to deal with certain individuals is worth it. Besides, her plan to create news is aimed at Prince Yu's residence." Taehyung raised his brows. "We won't need to take action, and there will be things we can do without."

His words prompted the others to recall the Shen family young lady's intentions. Ji Yu Shu slapped his palms. "Oh yes, I almost forgot. She wants to create news about Prince Yu's residence plotting a rebellion. Her target is Prince Yu's residence. What could the Prince Yu residence have against the Shen family?"