Chapter 50: Goading Into Action

Jennie stared at him without moving.

She had reminded Taehyung and naturally made preparation if Taehyung came up to the stage but she did not expect that it would be like this and was somewhat between laughter and tears. This seemed like Taehyung is specifically helping her out from this difficulty but in fact it was not the case.

Kim Chang Wu did not expected that Taehyung would suddenly rush out. He only did it to fawn the Cai family as he thought that since Jennie had already offended the Cai family, as long as he was able to make a fool of Jennie and teach her a lesson on behalf of the Cai family, the Cai family would naturally have a good impression of him. Even though it looks like Jennie's archery was good, but there were differences between the strength of females and males, not to mention that the reason Cai Lin failed was that he underestimated the enemy first.

But Kim Chang Wu was not a person who underestimated the enemy and if possible he would even make a subtle trick to the bow and arrows and since Jennie is not someone who practices martial arts, she would definitely be not able to look out for it.

He had calculated this so well but had never imagined that his Eldest Brother would kill it midway.

Not only the two brothers of the Kim family were stunned, everyone in the audience were also shocked. If the Marquis of Lin An was present, one fear that he would also be stunned at this moment. In every annual academy examinations, Taehyung did not participate but despite that, everyone knew that his civil and military skills were good, especially in military topics. Even though it was not tested, but he had followed the army a few times and his performance impressed many. If not fearing that too much limelight would inevitably attract the Imperial's fear, Taehyung's reputation in the battlefield would have exceeded the veteran generals.

However it was not because of dispelling the Imperial's fear, that he did not participated in the annual academy examinations. It was purely because he was one who was not bothered about trifling things, and as if born with a few rebellious bones or deliberately went against his father and had no regards for the academy examinations. It was because he did not participated, that everyone's eyes fell onto the other two sons of the Marquis of Lin An, thus Kim Chang Wu and Kim Chang Chao then put in extra hard work and could get a few first ranks in the annual academy examinations.

But this year, the Kim family frivolous little Marquis and the two outstanding brothers were competing against one another. Who would win?

Although Taehyung's reputation was external, people were always more accustomed to accept things that were in front of them. When Taehyung was in the Ding capital, he would not exhibit his talents. The females could only hear of this youth's talents and accomplishments from their masters. However, hearsay might be false but witnessing was the truth so they were a little skeptical.

Those who were also young, even though they envied Taehyung's freedom, this envy would have some sense of jealousy. To be able to maybe see Taehyung's spirits pushed down, they were somewhat happy. In addition, the two Kim brothers know how to conduct themselves and many have good relations with them so these youth sided with Kim Chang Wu and Kim Chang Chao.

On the contrary, the young ladies were already blushing upon seeing Taehyung's handsome face and with his extraordinary bearing and heroic vibe, which was much different that the soft temperament of the youths in the capital, as it there was some air of being cold-blooded but still carrying a mischievous smile which made him extra charming. Thus, the young ladies all set their hearts on Taehyung.

Jennie took in the entire scene of the audience expression. Most likely these people felt that Taehyung came out now to challenge his own two younger brothers because of a sudden impulse or that his childish temper flared. But then... Jennie smiled slightly. Taehyung was not a person to be trifled with and since he has already come up on stage in this academy, there was no possibility that he would let his younger brothers retreat. The difference between Taehyung and her was that even though she acts arrogantly on the surface, there was still a rationale to it as she had to slowly scheme to achieve her goal.