Chapter 74: Variations (Part 1 & 2)

Kim Taehyung here will have a different last name compared to his family due to his dislike for them (I added that), you'll get to know more as the book continues.

Both siblings, Shen Qiu and Shen Jennie, had not talk for such a long time about matters in their hearts. Shen Qiu had especially found personnel from the army to guard outside the Western courtyard and no one else were allowed in. 2 hours was not considered long or short and it was Jennie who was listening to Shen Qiu speaking. Most likely Shen Qiu was trying to make Jennie happy, so he kept talking about interesting matters in the army, and also tried to inquire on the side what Jennie experienced for the past year but was avoided by Jennie.

For some of the matters, it was still not the time to say it now. Moreover in today's Shen family, it was still not like the past life where the First household was framed and no one were to believe if one were to speak of it. With the current situation if one were to take action, it must be a killing blow. Even it was using a blunt knife to grind flesh, one must ensure that one must be able to skin with it first.

After saying a few more words, Jennie's face showed some tiredness. Shen Qiu was concern of his Younger Sister and quickly spoke after seeing it, "Younger Sister have yet to recover and I will not disturb you more. Go and rest first as Father and Mother will most likely return when the skies turn dark. When Father and Mother return, I will then come again to take a look at Younger Sister."

Jennie nodded her head in agreement.

Shen Qiu got up to leave but he suddenly thought of something and hesitated for a moment before turning back to look at Jennie, "Younger Sister, you said that Shen Qing's innocence was smeared by someone. Was that evildoer captured? Be it to protect Shen Qing's reputation but the Shen residence has guards so it should have been investigated privately."

Jennie looked at him and her eyes curved, "This evildoer is very cunning and managed to escape."

"So it was like that." Shen Qiu lowered his head thoughtfully before suddenly smiling at Jennie, "That being the case, I will leave first." He strode out of the house. Once he walked out, the bright smile on his face was wiped away and what remained was a face filled with haze. When the servants outside saw it, they could not help but shudder, seemingly understanding at this point that under the smile, in the bones of this young military official, blood of steel were flowing through it. He ordered the guards beside him, "Find two people to take a trip to Wo Long Temple and also investigate what is happening in the capital." He glanced at Jennie's closed room and his fists clenched as he whispered, "Younger Sister, what exactly happened in this past year?"

In the house, Jennie said to Alexia who was walking over, "Bring some money for Chun Tao and also find a servant to send some money to Physician Chen. This is the most critical time and that unborn child in Eldest Sister's belly must stay well." She stroked the scars left by the burn on her arm. The scar was particularly unsightly against her fair skin, as if a portion of highly valued brocade was burnt. However she did not feel upset about it, as if she was satisfied with a business transaction, "The upcoming show will be totally depending on my unborn nephew."

"Young Lady." Marie asked, "Why not tell everything to Eldest Young Master just now?" Jennie still concealed some things from Shen Qiu. For example, the matter of that evildoer being Prince Yu of the First Rank. Marie said, "If Eldest Young Master was to take action, at least that side would not dare to act rashly. And if Master and Furen know about it, they would also protect Young Lady."