Chapter 38: Gifting Flowers

"Little Shen Girl, do you have enmity with Historian Adviser Jing?"

Jennie quietly watched the youth in front.

His facial features were beautiful but his heroic spirits were rather pressing. Even though he had a rich playboy appearance, he had a kind of serious air that was transcendence to his age. It was not shown in his appearance but like it was following him as if there was a kind of sense of safety feeling that one would feel even if the Heavens fell. Even if she was in Qin country or in the Inner Palace, she had never seen such a through person. Just one sentence, he could discern the middle of everything.

For such a brilliant and talented person to die prematurely, it was truly that the Heavens was jealous of heroic geniuses.

Pity flashed in her eyes but when she spoke again, her voice was flat and plain, "Yes."

"You have taken the roundabout route for this chess game." Kim Taehyung examined her closely, "To go about such a big round just to send Gao Hoseok into the official circle. Could it be that you want to throw Ming Qi's official circles into disorder?"

Even Jennie who had lived for two lifetimes, could not help but feel slightly surprised. If she was to say that Kim Taehyung's performance was overtly smart and could immediately conclude things with one hint, now this person was truly scary.

Ordinary people would take a step and look at the next step. Smart people would take a step and see the next ten steps. With those seemingly ordinary words, Kim Taehyung took a step and saw thousands of miles away. To be that unabashedly get straight to the point, it made her somewhat unsure of how to respond.

After a moment she then replied, "What does it got to do with Little Marquis?"

"This Marquis is not concern of Ming Qi's official circles but Marquis of Lin An must not be touched." There was some warnings in his tone, "If you have any intentions for the residence of the Marquis of Lin An, then don't blame this Marquis for being rude."

Jennie took a look at him. Taehyung had always loathed the Marquis of Lin An residence extremely and loved to go against with his father but now it seems that it was not completely hatred. In fact, he seemed to have the Marquis of Lin An in his heart. Otherwise, he would not have protected the entire Marquis of Lin An residence reputation in the last lifetime and ended up with tens of thousands of arrows piercing his heart.

And it was also understandable for Kim Taehyung to be suspicious of her acting upon the Kim family. The Shen and Kim family had always never been able to see eye to eye and with her current actions that no one seemed to understand, it would seem from others that it was possible that the Shen family would make the Kim family stumble.

"Marquis Kim can be rest assure." She plainly spoke with a tone as if she was speaking of the weather today, "The Kim and Shen families are like well water not intruding with the river water, thus naturally would not cause any trouble. What Marquis Kim worries about would not happen. A person life is only a short few decades, the reversal of the wheel of fortune would also happen. The Kim family's view of the Shen family as enemies but who would know if there would be a day in the future where they would be in the same boat under the wind and rain to deal with the same enemy."

"Is this you expressing your goodwill to me?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows.

"Yes." Jennie calmly said.

Kim Taehyung sized the young female in front of him. From when he was born till present, he had seen countless of women. When he was young, those women wanted to get closer to his father and afterwards, those women got closer to him. Among these women, there were those who had flowery words, those who were devastatingly beautiful, those who could brandish swords and spears and even those who were scheming and resourceful.